009 | The Road Trip

"Even if we can't find heaven
I'm gonna stand by you"

"Even if we can't find heavenI'm gonna stand by you"

______________________

"Good morning Gabriella.", said Troy's father from the kitchen as he was making his morning coffee. "Morning Tyler. How did you sleep?", she asked while taking a bowl to put in Annabelle's cereal. "Great. For the first time in years!", he joked and took a sip. "That's great.", said Gabriella smiling. "Annabelle it's time for breakfast!", she called out for the younger girl. "Coming!", shouted Annabelle back. "Hi daddy!", she said cheerfully and let Gabriella put her on the chair. Annabelle then grabbed the spoon and began to eat her breakfast with a smile.

"Are you taking Anna to kindergarten?", asked Tyler and took another sip. "Yeah, I thought Sam might need some sleep since this week was so tough. Night shifts are really bad nowadays.", explained Gabriella while packing Annabelle's lunch inside her small backpack. "That's very kind and thoughtful of you." "Thank you Ty and I think you should go to back to bed. I don't want anything to happen.", said Gabriella worried and helped Annabelle to put on her shoes. Tyler just laughed and put his mug in the sink letting some water over it. "You're right. Anna, will you give daddy a kiss?", asked the older man with open arms to his youngest baby. "Yes!", as the younger girl said that, she ran over to her father allowing him to lift her up and to kiss her.

Gabriella watched the cute scene from the door, imagining her father doing this with her younger self. She always wished that her father was alive so they could do anything a father does with his daughter like going to the movies or visiting family members. But their father daughter relationship was totally different. Diego showed his daughter how to shoot properly and even took her to the police academy once, that's where she met Rosa and Jake for the very first time. But she was very little so it's kinda a blurry memory.

"Gabby!", said Annabelle and tapped Gabriella's leg, making her to wake up out of her thoughts. "We have to go.", said the young girl and took Gabby's hand leading her out the door. "Bye Tyler!", she said in a hurry while waving and then closed the door.

●●●

Gabriella was walking side by side with Annabelle to her kindergarten. "Gabby?", said Annabelle and looked at the older girl. "Yes Belle?" "What was your daddy like?", she asked suddenly. "My daddy was a very strong and passionate man. He really enjoyed his work and spending time with friends and family.", said Gabriella remembering her late father. "What did he work?", asked Annabelle interested. "A detective. The same thing I'm training for.", answered the brunette stern. "So you're doing it for your daddy?", asked Annabelle once again. Gabriella then stopped and looked at Annabelle. "You're asking very interesting questions Annabelle.", she said. The younger girl just stared at her. "I'm sorry.", she apologized and turned around to walk inside the kindergarten. Gabriella didn't even noticed that they already reached it. "Annabelle...", she whispered to herself and turned around.