015 | Windbreaker City

"If you gave me a chance I would take it
It's a shot in the dark but I'll make it"

"If you gave me a chance I would take itIt's a shot in the dark but I'll make it"

_______________________

Gabriella sat at her desk in school this morning. She wasn't well founded of the idea to go to school today. She actually hated school and couldn't wait to graduate as soon as possible. Her dad used to say that she should be grateful to have that opportunity because other kids couldn't. And she was grateful, yes, it was just that school wasn't the best for her mental health in any way. Unless she had her friends by her side. They made it much easier and funnier.

"You guys understand what he asked us?", whispered Troy as they made groups of four people for the assignment. "Absolutely not. I don't even know what class we have!", said Charlie frustrated and let his head down on the table. "Dude. It's geography class.", answered Eliza annoyed. Only Gabriella seemed to be calm, which was quite surprising. "Gabby? You okay?" "Sure thing Liz. I'm just excited about tomorrow. We're going to this multi-agency counter-terrorism drill, Terry said it would be a great training for me. I have to be at the precinct on time!", explained Gabriella and began to do the task. "Oh and the assignment is to search for different countries in Europe. I'm doing Bulgaria and Spain.", she added. "Perfect. I'm doing France and Hungary, Charlie can do Italy and Russia and Troy can do Germany and Portugal.", said Eliza giving the boys their tasks.

Troy seemed to be far away from understanding, in fact he actually fell asleep! Charlie pushed his arm a few times before deciding to slap his cheek. "What the?", said Troy waking up in shock. He looked at his friends who were trying to hold their laughter inside. "Come on guys. Just do it.", said the Jinx boy and let out a big sigh. The others then began to laugh making the teacher to shush them. "I love doing assignments with you guys."

●●●

Gabriella loved evenings at the Jinx family. It was always fun because they either played board games or watched a movie together and everyone complained about it. This time it was "Game Night" and Gabriella decided to invite Rosa over for the first time. Actually it was Samantha's idea since she heard a lot about Rosa Diaz. "Is she coming?", kept Annabelle bugging. "Soon Belle.", said Gabriella giggling at the toddler's excitement. She picked up the youngest Jinx carrying her on the couch. A few minutes later the door bell rang and of course Annabelle was first to open it. "Gabby! She's here!", shouted the little girl, turning her attention to Rosa and giving her a toothy smile. "Hi Rosie!", greeted Gabriella her best friend while picking up Annabelle. "That's Anna. Troy's little sister."

"Nice to meet you.", said Annabelle politely and stretched her hand out. Rosa took the small hand in hers shaking it. "The pleasure is all mine.", said the older woman and stepped inside the apartment. "Hello Rosa.", said Samantha Jinx and hugged the Latina. "I'm Samantha and this is my husband Tyler. We're so glad you made it!" "It's nice to meet you.", said Tyler and shook hands with Rosa. "Likewise.", she answered. "Okay, so we're going to have dinner, then play some games and around 8pm me and Rosa are gonna go. Is that okay?", asked Gabriella and looked at Tyler with her brown eyes. The same as her father and mother. "Of course it's fine.", answered Samantha for her husband. "Let's have dinner shall we?"