Chapter 15: A Little Help from Friends

Start from the beginning

I made a look at her and said "No..."

She was about frown, shock with my bold answer.

"You're not my friend... but... my best friend."

At that, she widened her eyes and then smiled smugly, "Aww you..." then she laughed and gave me a quick hug.

I never had someone look out for me the way she did. She makes me feel... safe and secured. Like I'd always know I have her to turn to when I'm in the edge of despair. Since when was the last time I felt the pleasure of having a best friend? I just can't remember.

"Thanks Rienna..." I whispered in her ear before she pulled away.

"Your welcome..." she says, giving a smile. And then she gave me a smug look.

I narrowed my eyes, "You still want me to go talk to him, huh?"

She nodded. I sighed. I'd hope she would suddenly forget about it.

Hi, I'm Olette Evermore, I'm a red head with blue eyes, infatuated with a blonde broadway-actor-wannabe,  Harvey Miller... living a  crazy life, and my bestfriend is a Psychologist. Lucky me. (Trying to sound sarcastic.)

"Fine, fine... BUT only because you told me to... not because I want to." I pointed out.

She waved a careless hand, "Sure, sure... whatever you say."

I sighed.

Oh well, have to start gathering up guts to talk to a guy I won't ever admit I'm falling in love with.

I only hope this doesn't end in tears.

------

[HARVEY]

Ugh. How many times does she want me to give her a misscall before she actually decides to give me a break and answer??

"Olette!! Come on! Cut me some slack and answer." I kept on saying before every call but she never, I mean NEVER, answered. No, not once!

Hmp. That's it. I'm not calling her anymore. Maybe I should just forget about her. Yeah! That's it!  

Besides, I have a girlfriend now and she's...um... Great! Yeah, that's it. She's great. So... From this day on, Harver Miller will permanently erase Olette Evermore in his life.

I smiled at myself, feeling proud of myself. I reached out for the soda I just bought and drank from it.

Then suddenly, my phone rang.

I answered it without taking a look at the caller id.

"Yeah, Harv here. Talk to me." Then taking another sip of the soda.

"Harvey... Uh..."

I widened my eyes and I was forced to do a spit take, "Phooo!! OLETTE?!"

"Uh, yeah. Hi. Is this a bad time? You're not busy, are you? Um, should I call later?"

Then I could hear Rienna's voice in the background. "STOP STALLING AND GET TO THE POINT!!"

That woke me up. "Olette? No, I'm not busy. Actually, I'm glad you called. I left you, what, 30 miscalls?"

She mumbled, "42 actually."

"OH... WOW." I blushed. Geez, I must've sound so desperate to her, "Sorry about that."

"No, no.. Uh... I'm the one who should apologize." she sighed, "For not answering." she inserted.

"Oh... no, it's cool. I'm just glad you finally called."