Chapter 6

My phone alarm went off at 8 in the morning on Sunday, although the stylists will not be at my room for another two hours. But I wanted to use the hotel gym and work out for a bit. I haven't in a couple of weeks and I felt awful about it. So I quickly changed into some leggings and a sports bra, before throwing on an oversized hoodie. I left my room with my key card, a towel and a bottle of water and used the elevator to get to the main floor and walked by the reception and the door that lead to the breakfast room, then finally entered the gym. Luckily for me, it was completely empty. I quickly hopped onto a spinning bike and warmed up for 10 minutes, before starting my whole body workout. I mostly trained the main muscle groups, so just general exercises, before cooling down on the spinning bike again. 

By the time I was completely finished with my workout, it was 15 past nine. The stylists will be at my room in half an hour, so I put my hoodie back on and left the gym. While walking past the breakfast room, I saw that a lot more people were now sitting there eating. Some of them wore team wear of different F1 teams, but I couldn't actually recognise a face. Without waiting for ages for the elevator this time, I was quickly back at my room and hopped into the shower, after putting on some music. I needed this each morning. A good old shower while singing and dancing. Without caring about drying my hair, I put on some underwear, another sports bra and sweat pants. Enjoying my time in these comfy clothes, I hoped my stylists didn't want me to put in some clothes that are going to be a nightmare to walk around in. 

They didn't. To my surprise, they actually chose an outfit that was both good-looking and comfortable. I was wearing black loose trousers, which were made out of very light and comfortable fabric, and a yellow crop top, so a little of my stomach was visible. My make-up was light and natural. We kept it that way because the weather was supposed to be good and warm today. I didn't want to sweat and my make-up to come off. I added some sunglasses and thanked the stylists before they left me alone with my manager. We walked down to the breakfast area together, also ready to directly leave for the circuit afterwards. When I walked in, I scanned the room quickly and saw Lando, Daniel and Pierre sitting and eating breakfast with different people. Daniel was sitting with his trainer Michael, Pierre with the same person that was with him back in the tent on Friday and Lando was sitting at a table with some other boy, who I didn't know, a woman with blonde hair and Zac Brown, McLaren's CEO. I also saw my father sitting at another table close to the entrance and reading a Frech newspaper. As I walked over to his table, I felt eyes watching me. 

"Bonjour.", I greeted my father and sat down next to him, giving him a brief hug and kiss on the cheek. 

"Bonjour.", my father said back and then looked at Julian. "Good morning."

"Morning.", Julian hummed back. He wasn't in a good mood, so I have been avoiding talking to him much if I was being honest. He sat down across from me and my father. A waiter came to our table and asked what we would like to drink and eat. I ordered a coffee and some crêpes. I didn't even care to listen to what Julian was ordering. Rather, I talked to my father. 

"So, are you excited to perform at the race?", I asked him in English because of Julian. Even though he was a pain in the arse, I didn't want him to feel excluded from the conversation. 

"I am.", my father answered and took a sip from his cup. "But I'm also excited for the race. It's going to be so much fun."

"Yes, me too.", I agreed and crossed one leg over another. "When are you leaving?"

"I was just waiting for you. I thought it would be good to leave together and then walk through the paddock once more before the race." Dad smiled at me. He knew me too well and knew exactly I would love that. I enjoyed every second I could spend with him and meet some other people from the F1 community.