"I guess that is understandable and she probably is feeling very confused right now," Carina said frowning a little.

"I just can't wrap my head around my Dad kicking her out still. I hope that he comes around to it soon," Maya said. They heard footsteps and Maddie rounded the corner to walk into the kitchen.

"Buongiorno bambina," Carina greeted the teenage girl.

"Morning Carina," Maddie said. The dark bags under the teenagers eyes were evident that Maddie hadn't slept at all.

"You was quick to get dressed. I thought teenagers usually take forever," Maya chuckled, deciding to keep the topic light.

"Yes well I do like food and I didn't want to miss the chance to try Carina's famous french toast that I have heard about," Maddie said, the two women could tell she was trying to be happy with a smile on her face but they knew behind the smile was sadness and confusion.

"Well at least we know what makes you get out of bed now," Carina pointed out.

"I like food and coffee," Maddie said shrugging her shoulders. Maya raised her eyebrow and shook her head.

"I'm not letting you have coffee Maddie," Maya told the young girl.

"What, why?" Maddie groaned. Maya continued to raise her eyebrow at the teenage girl.

"Because you're thirteen and you shouldn't be drinking that stuff, no caffeine remember?" Maya said, mentioning back to the rules that she told her yesterday.

"I don't see what the problem is what that," Maddie said dumbfound.

"Of course you don't." Maya said with a sigh.

"Why don't you have some juice instead bambina?" Carina offered, trying to change the topic seeing that Maya was getting slightly wound up. "Or maybe a smoothie," she added. Maddie's face scrunched up at the mention of the smoothie.

"Ah, no thanks. I think I will pass on that," Maddie said looking at the the green gunk in the blender that Maya was making.

"Don't knock it until you try it kiddo," Maya said.

"Uh yeah, I don't want to try that. Ever. It looks horrible." Maddie said dramatically as she continued to pull a face.

"Juice it is then," Carina chuckled as she grabbed the carton out of the fridge and poured a glass for the teenager.

"Coffee would taste so much better," Maddie mumbled. Maya took a few deep breaths to try and stay calm. Carina could see her girlfriend loosing her patience.

"I've said no Maddie," Maya said, trying to keep her temper in check.

"Bambina, why don't you take your french toast and go sit at the table?" Carina interjected. Maddie took the plate that Carina handed her and went to sit down at the table.

"Thank you for stepping in. I was trying my hardest to stay calm," Maya said.

"I know, I could tell that's why I told her to go and sit down. I am more than happy to be the peacekeeper between you both Bella," Carina said as she smiled and kissed her girlfriend on the lips. "But as much as I love kissing you, you're still all sweaty so please go shower." Carina pushed Maya away from her lightly as Maya chuckled, walking off into her bathroom to shower.

"You looked tired Maddie, are you sure you want to go into school? I can call your school and explain the situation," Maya offered when she walked into the lounge after she finished getting ready. Maddie was on the couch looking like she could fall asleep at any minute.