THIRTY EIGHT

Ramsey groaned from where they had placed her as she came to

Ramsey groaned from where they had placed her as she came to. Letty glanced over at her before turning to the others. "Hello Kitty's awake."

Roman looked to Tej. "She don't look like a hacker to me." He said.

"Oh, yeah? And what do hackers look like?" Tej questioned.

Roman glanced towards Ramsey. "They don't supposed to look like that. I'm just saying, like, you know how they normally wear them little weird glasses that's all crooked, pimples all over they face from drinking soda? I mean, trust me, with a body like that, ain't gonna park it behind a computer."

Brian sat down in front of Ramsey. "How you feeling?" When he saw her clutching her head, he questioned her. "Did you hit your head?" Ramsey nodded. "Feeling nauseous? Ears ringing? No?" He asked when she shook her head.

Ramsey looked down and saw she had only one shoe on. "Where's my shoe?"

"Oh, it flew off when you crashed." Brian told her.

Eleanor stood behind Brian as she looked down at the girl. "If you start experiencing any of those things, let me know, okay?"

"Okay." Ramsey nodded to her and Brian got back up as he and Eleanor moved to the side where Letty was stood. Brian wrapped his arms around Eleanor and held her to his chest as Ramsey spoke. "I don't know whether to thank you for rescuing me or kick your ass for throwing me off a cliff."

Letty chuckled as Dom turned around. "Thank us or kick our ass, huh? How 'bout you tell us where that device is?"

Ramsey sighed. "I mailed it to a friend in Abu Dhabi."

Brian raised his eyebrows, looking to Dom as he placed his chin on top of Eleanor's head. "That was pretty easy. That other team would have tortured you for that information."

"I didn't trust them." Ramsey said. "I trust you."

Letty shook her head. "Now, why would you trust us? You barely know us."

"I know enough." Ramsey shrugged before looking around at them, her eyes landing on Brian first. "Ex cop. Military, something like that. They way you took out them guys shows training." She looked at Eleanor. "Mama bear. You protect those you love and fight with fierceness and would do anything for the ones you love like only a mother can." She looked to Tej. "Tech guy. Offended by the hacker remark, naturally." She looked to Dom. "Alpha." Then to Letty. "Mrs Alpha." Letty chuckled at that as Ramsey finally looked to Roman. "Joker."

Roman gave her a look. "Wrong." He stood to his feet as Ramsey sighed. "Double Alpha. Man candy. You know what I'm saying?"

"Man, sit your candy ass down, man." Tej told him.

The smile on Roman's face dropped as he sat back down. "The disrespect is real around here."

"Life is binary." Ramsey spoke. "Zeroes and ones. Only two things keep a group like this together - fear or loyalty. And I don't see a drop of fear among you guys."