Victory

A sharp intake of breath as she fell to the ground was the first thing Allie did. Looking around, she realized that she was still in Wakanda. Looking over, she could see Bucky groaning as he propped himself up off of the ground.

"Oh thank God," Allie said as she fully turned to him and wrapped her arms around him. "You can't keep scaring me like that."

"Like what? What the hell happened?" Bucky asked as he let his arms wrap around Allie in return.

"You turned to dust," Allie remembered. "You disappeared right in front of me."

"I remember dust, but nothing after that," Bucky admitted.

"Allie? Bucky?" they heard a voice call out to them. When they looked in the direction of the voice, they saw Sam running up to them. 

"Sam? Where's Steve?" Allie asked as she looked up to him.

"I don't know," Sam admitted.

Footsteps approached them and they looked over to see Wanda. Allie could tell something was wrong and stood to walk over to her. Wanda simply looked up to her sorrowfully.

"He's gone," she choked and Allie threw her arms around her. "I-I don't know where he is."

"We'll find where he is," Allie said. "I promise."

Another set of footsteps approached and they all looked over to see both Groot and King T'Challa approaching them. The group all looked at one another as they tried to piece together what had happened. None of them could recollect what had happened other than having flashes of turning to dust in their minds.

"Your Majesty," Allie greeted as T'Challa looked at them all.

"No one else is here?" he asked and the others shook their heads. He took a deep breath and looked into the distance where the Citadel could barely be made out in the distance. "Follow me."

Without a second thought, the group followed T'Challa as they all ran to the Wakandan palace. People had begun to run out of the Citadel itself as others had a similar idea as T'Challa and ran to the palace. It was when the General of the Dora Milaje ran out to meet them that Allie realized that something huge had happened.

"You are all back," she said as she looked at them all in disbelief.

"Back from what?" Bucky asked.

"You've all been dead for five years," she said and Allie turned to face Bucky in shock.

Allie thought for a moment. It made her wonder how they were all brought back if they had all been dead. Maybe this was entirely a dream, or rather a nightmare, that she was going to wake up from. Maybe death didn't actually take place. Although it would have been nice to think she hadn't missed five more years of life after everything she had gone through in the lab, she knew that that was wishful thinking. 

The group stood speechless with one another before being startled by a sparkling ring that formed beside them. No one recognized who was on the other side but his warning that they needed to be prepared to fight was serious enough in tone that everyone looked to one another, nodded, and ran in different directions to equip themselves with weapons before they readied themselves to fight.