Fire and Ice

Allie woke up with a throbbing pain in her head. She groaned as she sat up and opened her eyes to see a group of people sitting in front of her, including her older brother who she thought was dead. She was confused and wasn't afraid to let the confusion show on her face.

"Where am I?" she asked as she scanned the faces in front of her.

"We'll ask the questions," a man retorted. She knew he looked familiar, but she couldn't place where she seemed to recognize him from.

"Tony, she's not a threat," Steve said with a roll of his eyes. "You're in New York."

"I knew that much," Allie sighed. "I meant, where in New York am I?"

"You're in the Compound," Steve said.

"Who are you?" a woman asked.

"I'm Allie," Allie began. "Steve's sister."

Steve noticed Allie's hand fly up to her locket where she held onto it tightly. Her hand still had the engagement ring on it with the singular shining stone. She didn't look like she had been through anything intense, but he still couldn't believe that he had seen fire coming from her hands.

"What exactly do you want?" someone asked.

"I beg your pardon?" Allie asked quickly as she tried to place who had asked her.

"Why are you here?" the voice asked again.

"I don't want anything," Allie said with furrowed brows. "Steve."

Steve looked between his sister and the people around them. He had his arms crossed against his chest and looked fairly uncomfortable in the situation.

"Your actions haven't exactly gone unnoticed," the woman beside her brother said.

"Nat," Steve whispered to her.

"I'm not going to hurt any of you," Allie said as she scanned across the group of individuals in front of her.

"Then why produce that fire?" Tony asked.

"Excuse me?" Allie asked. It wasn't as if she had burned anyone. She had just produced fire that surrounded Steve and the woman beside him.

"Well, I don't exactly believe you're harmless with how quickly you resort to fire," Tony continued.

"Like I said, I don't mean any harm," Allie repeated.

"Alright," Tony said and he looked over at the woman from outside. "Wanda, read her mind."

"What? Tony," Steve started.

"No, I don't trust her," Tony said.

Allie knew that her confusion was turning into frustration. She hadn't hurt anyone and she didn't plan on hurting anyone. Looking at the woman named Wanda, she frowned.

"How about you don't read my mind," Allie spat.

"Tony, she's my sister," Steve started.

"Cap, she's able to create fire. I don't trust her," Tony argued.

"Steve," Nat said. "I know she's your sister, but Tony's right."

"Did you just agree with me?" Tony asked as he eyes snapped over to her.

Allie looked over at Steve and pursed her lips. Her brother fell silent as he realized that he was outnumbered.

"You trust me, don't you?" she asked with a raised brow.

"Of course I trust you," Steve started. "But they don't."

"And won't until they read my mind?" Allie rolled her eyes. "Fine. Read my fucking mind."