42.| ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴡɪᴅᴏᴡ [1]

Start from the beginning

"What is it?"

I shrug, so do the boys.

Grandma Nat looks at the phone before looking up at Dad. Dad takes another look at his phone as well. He looks up, he seemed worried. A pinch of anger was mixed with those worried eyes.

Dad unwraps his arm around mom. "Hey uh... I'm gonna go pick up the rest of the boxes, okay?"

Mom nods. "I'll go with you."

Dad shakes his head. "No, it's okay."

"I'll go with him." Grandma Nat tells us. "We'll be quick. It's just three boxes right?"

"Yeah."

"Okay... let's go."

With that, Grandma Nat grabs the keys, she throws them to dad who catches it. But no before leaving, I see Grandma Nat pick up a gun. I also see Dad pick his shield up from the ground. But no one else seemed to have seen it beside me. Before I knew it, they were both out of sight. Me and the team all share confused looks. But the adults split up unpacking everything else.

*NO ONE'S POV*

Both James and Natasha were now in the car. They were on their way back to their old home. The ride was silent but James kept a good grip on his shield which was right beside him. Natasha had two guns tucked away.

"If it's him, if it's Ross telling about Wanda..."

"Play nice."

"Will do." James simply replies as he keeps his eyes on the road.

As James goes to make a turn, another car crashes right into the right side of him sending the car to the edge of the bridge. James groans while rubbing his head, he looks over at Natasha. He tries waking her up but she wouldn't budge.

His eyes then fall onto someone in a suit that had been walking towards them. James takes his seatbelt off, he reaches for his shield. Just as he looks up, the suited man throws a shield right at the broken window.

"Oh... that's nice." James sarcastically shouts as he jumps out of the car. "Mother! Now would be a good time to wake the hell up!" he huffs.

Seeing that the road was now empty, James begins to search his surroundings. He hears the car slightly creek, that's when he looks up to see that the suited man was about to attack. Both of their shields make a loud clink noise when they hit one another. "I'm beginning to think this is personal."

The suited man lands to his feet then kicks the shield out of James's hand.

"That wasn't very nice..."

The suited man begins to shoot at James who dodged the hits. James comes up from behind the man, ready to put him into a chokehold. But the man swoops James off of his feet and throws him across the road. James looks up, his eyes locked with the man's glasses. They both tilt their heads before jumping up to their feet in sync.

"Woah... that's uh freaky."

James sees his reflection in the man's glasses. But the suited man looks at the far. He stands to his feet and begins to march towards the car. Assuming he was after his mother, James comes up from behind, only to get punched in his stomach and sent flying across the street.

But that didn't stop James from trying again. As the suited man had his back turned to James, James sees his old bow thrown across the street. He uses his grappling hook to drag it towards himself before he shoots an arrow at the man's feet, which ties around then. Then he shoots another grappling arrow at the top of the bridge. Which now had the suited man flying up into the air.

James takes that time to run towards the car, he drags his mom out of it. His eyes then land on a small briefcase. With furrowed brows, James takes ahold of it. But not before looking inside of it.

Now on the ground, the suited man kept his eyes glued to the briefcase. James sees that and slightly smirks.

"Want it? Go and get it." He throws the briefcase far across the street.

Doing exactly what James wanted, the suited man runs towards the briefcase. James then quickly grabs his shield, and then he throws his mother over his shoulders and he jumps into the lake under them. Once they hit the water, James quickly recovers. Luckily his Natasha's body was right near his. He drags her out of the water with his unoccupied hand.

Once they had been on land, he throws her onto the ground. He then falls to the ground beside her. He throws the shield to his side and reaches into his pocket. He pulls out a few red vials which had been glowing. A picture was inserted into it, he pulls it out and sees the two familiar faces.

As if on cue, Natasha begins to cough out the water that filled her lungs. James turns to face her, rolling his eyes.

"Really? Now you wake up?"

Natasha sits herself up, groaning. "What the hell happened?"

The man shrugs, he stands to his feet. "Not sure. But I have a feeling it has something to do with this." he shows her the picture he found, along with the dozens of vials that he found.

Natasha grabs both the items, sighing. "Shit... w-we have to go."

And so, they gathered their things and made their way towards a train station.