Chapter 8

KYLIE'S P.O.V

"But it's not that you will work forever, girl."  Mom ranted on me soon as I texted her about this extended working time.

"I know.  But I can't resign either.  You know that."  I sighed.  "Just chill Mom, I know how important this is."

"Chill how?  You have to do your test very carefully.  Score A, Kylie.  Big A."  She warned me.

"Alright alright stop saying that.  Score A.  I got it.  Now I need to go Mom."  I replied.  "Say hi to Daddy, I'll be home very soon."

"Soon like 3 weeks." 

"Yeah soon like 3 weeks.  Bye bye I love you."  I hung her up.

See?  I told you, even my parents actually don't like what I'm doing for a living.  They said being a doctor is always an answer for a better life.  But it's not working for me that way.  Enough having doctor parents.  I'm not into any midnight surgery as much as I have seen it for 17 years.

"Mom?"  Catarina checked on me.

"Yes.  She's all worry and stuff."  I chuckled.  "No wonder, it's my final test term."

"I see.  Make it easy.  You'll nail it."  She sat by my side on this beach side when everybody else was like 10 feet away from us.

"True that."  I breathed out.  "How's your boyfriend?  Doesn't he protest or something?"

"William?  Haha.  We just broke up like 5 minutes ago."  Catarina stared at the distance as the wave hit our feet.

"No...  Cay are you serious?  Why?"  I turned my whole attention at her.

"He doesn't like what I do.  Obviously.  And to see me having talks with those guys over there, you know, jealousy consumes him all the way around."  She chuckled.  "But I'm not sad though."

"Because it's better be this way."  I nodded.  "I'm so sorry for asking."

"No problem Ky.  I know it will happen anyway.  And yeah just did.  I'm relieved."  She smiled a bitter sweet one.

"You're not alone, for sure.  We're all like single right now."  I tried to make her laugh.  "Melanie would laugh at us if she finds out you end up join the pact too."

"Hahaha.  Not until we're done working please.  I'm tired of the dang tease."

"Understood."  I hugged her.  "You're waaaay too tough to cry."

There's this silence among us for a minute.  I let Catarina have the moment o where she could think calmly.  She started to throw some sands using her feet.  Pretty frustrating.  I know exactly what she felt.  I once was there, having a not-so-nice boyfriend but sticked around because we thought we're in love.  One craziest crap of all time.

"You need some?"  I brought along two cups of coffee that the group over there has ordered.

"Thank you."  Catarina took hers.

"Feel better?"  I sat back where I did before.

"Did I take the right decision, Ky?" She burst out cried in my arms.

"Girl, you listen to me carefully.  None of these stuff you did wrong.  I give you A+ for your fight back.  William isn't a good guy for you anymore.  He once was, yes, but now he isn't.  In relationship, everything relies on time.  We found somebody back at a time when we thought he's the one.  Then he became the one.  But for the time being, people change.  You deal with it.  William has changed and you have tried so hard to put it together.  But you can't save a dang thing if it's only you who's trying..."

"I'm just scared this is all wrong..."  She swept her tears realizing it's actually not a perfect time to cry even though I don't mind.

"Nothing was going wrong.  Trust me.  You're lucky God saves you from him."  I smiled.

"Uhm..."  She spaced out.

"Oh freaking muffin Cay!  You're beautiful!  This pink lips blushy cheeks brown wavy hair?  You're a dream."  I spoke sassily but only to make her laugh again.

"Damn right."  She cursed, chuckled, and laughed in tears.  "Sassy KyKy."

"Hello nice meeting you."  I laughed harder and we ended up hugging each other tightly.

"Thank you so much."  Catarina whispered.

"Hmm."  I nodded.

We romantically hugged each other til she could breathe normally again.  I liked the situation.  Being a star in the crowd isn't my forte.  I'd rather be like this, avoiding the crowded voices and enjoyed the beautiful Miami just because it's too heaven to deny.  And I'm happy too, Catarina felt better.  All is well with the world.  We were both now giggling over my story of Riley when he kissed my cheek, because this Cay-girl said she would scream something about me and Riley if I didn't tell her the detail of yesterday.  So I did.  Dang she freaked the 'aww's out all over again.  Definitely, it caught his attention.

Oh wait.  I haven't described the most threatening situation in here.  We're all at the beach, indeed.  We the girls were mostly wearing swimsuit inside but Catarina, Kirstie, and I wore a tee to cover it.  I'm not sure about Melanie but of course she got her bikini.  They're sunbathing all day long.  The guys brought along the guitar and sang together.  Connor was wearing a plain sleeveless black tee.  Toby was all shirtless since the first minute we ran off to the beach.  But Riley...  Why he has to be shirtless?  Why.  Them abs and muscles.  Oh my lord. 

And when I hugged Catarina to make her feel better, I glanced at Riley.  He gave me smile, winked, nodded, and tossed his coffee to the thin air.  Why showing so much respect today which makes me want to die?  Why becoming so gentle?  Why so beautiful?