Taking Over

With the energy of the crowd I advised everyone to pick up any weapons they could find and get ready for a fight. I had picked up a pistol and knife off one guard. Some others found rifles and ammo.

"Ma'am? " a man spoke walking up to me and suddenly saluting me like a soldier. Shocked by the motion I looked at him with raised eyebrows but know tired the dog tags and saluted him back. Not as perfect but hey. "I was really impressed with your speech...no one has this kind of guts anymore" he spoke standing tall.

"Thanks" I said "what's your name?"

"Sergeant Jeffrey P. Barns Ma'am "

"Please don't call me Ma'am?...I'm not that old" I replied earning a chuckle from him "Lara" I spoke and shook his hand

"Well Lara no disrespect but I can tell you're not army" he stated "I am...or was so I know my way of tactics and strategies " he explained. I knew what he was getting at

"How good are you?" I asked and he chuckled

"Good enough that I can assure you that I can whip these rats off the planet" he nodded.

"Got a plan?" I asked and he shook his head

"Not yet. I wanted to speak to you first. Where are we going?" He asked, needing more information. I waved him to follow and led him to a room that had a map of the city

"Do you know where the vault is?" I asked and he nodded

"I've passed it a couple times" he mumbled looking closely at the map then with a steady hand pointed to a spot on the map "here. It's here" he said positive that he was right. I nodded

"Good. We need to get there for the other weapons to arm ourselves fully. Right now we only have a handful of fighters " I spoke. He rubbed his chin then nodded as he looked at the map and thought about my words. He quickly came up with a plan to get across town to the armory and split up the people into four groups of fifty with at least four people having guns to each group.

It wasn't much of anything of a fight but they all were willing to die for the cause. Like me. From here I let him take the lead on explaining his plan and it sounded damn good. We each would take routes to the armory and we would break into the building as quietly as possible.

From there we would all work our way into the building and clear out any remaining guards. I did inform everyone that there will be a man on the inside trying to crack the code.

"Now he will seem a bit lost and crazy but he's a friend of mine. And if you see him, tell him you're with me and you will inform me immediately. He's a bit paranoid " I explained being very specific.

"Is everyone clear on their routes and tasks?" The Sargent asked everyone

"Yes sir" they spoke. With his approval he nodded

"Move out!" He ordered and then turned to his group which required me and because I said so had Sam, and Ryan as well. "Ready?" He asked and I nodded.

"I'm more then ready to kill those Rippers" Sam said, sounding like he was really holding a grudge which he never did. I smiled at him as the Sargent led the way for our group. The Sargent, Sam, Ryan, and I all had guns to protect the others all the way to the vault.

"Lara?" Ryan whispered as we walked in the back with me.

"Yeah?" I asked, looking up at him. He had this scared look in his eyes as he just watched me.

"I just....I wanted to say..." he started. He was flustered and lost for words. I had never seen him like this "I like you Lara and...I just want to say...if something happens to the plan..." he shifted his weight