The Monster (Annabelle)

The halls were harder to get through. This was the most secure area in the whole place. I had chosen the control room because I knew that I would be the only one that could get in. He was going to let me in. He wanted what was flowing through my veins. Even if the city was falling, it would never truly be over until he was gone. I hadn't told Lara. She never would have let me go alone to face him if I had. This was my fight, A warm head touched my hand. Well mine and Hannibal's.

I stood in front of the elevator, the one that led to the upper rooms. To the control room. The red blinking light told me there was a camera. The doors slid open with a snick. I am ready. For the first time in a long time I was not afraid. I had let this man push my soul into the shadows for too long. It was time to push back.

Hannibal and I stepped into the elevator. The doors closed and the elevator moved without me pressing a button. He was offering me an open invitation. I smiled, I was about to kill him. I almost felt like Shadow, eager for the kill. The numbers at the panel in the elevator steadily climbed. *ding* The doors slid open the second we stopped. I stepped into the control room, Hannibal right beside me.

He stood there, right in the center of the room. The man who had haunted my dreams.

"Annabelle, my precious Anna. Welcome home." I tried not to throw up. I shot him a dirty look as I stopped ten feet from him.

"Oh right, you can't speak. I am sorry about that, you know. I just lost my temper. Just one moment of bad judgment." I spit at him. His lips curled in a scowl.

"This is your last chance Annabelle. Come with me. With you I could change the world. Join me Annabelle." He held out his hand to me. Did he actually expect me to go with him?! That arrogance was going to get him killed. By me.

I pulled my knife from its sheath, Hannibal growled. Good boy.

"Have it your way then." He back up and pressed a button on the console. Gas started to fill the room. He pulled on a gas mask. Too bad from him that this didn't affect me anymore. I struck out with my knife, I heard him scream. I rejoiced. The gas made it hard to see. I heard Hannibal growl, followed quickly by a cry of pain. I followed the sound.

I came upon Hannibal curled up on the floor, he was making such horrible sounds. His bones stretched under his skin. Something was happening to my boy! I had to get rid of this smoke. I glimpsed the console in the distance, I slammed on the same button the monster had hit before and the gas was sucked out of the room.

He was gone, the coward had fled. I quickly hit the buttons necessary to open the prison and every door I could in the city. Including the main gate. We were going to run the rippers out of town. I turned back to see my Hannibal. He was still laying on the floor.

I rushed over to him. As I got close I saw it, he was huge! He had grown. My little wolf boy was now about the size of a draft horse. I was gentle with him as I picked up his massive head and placed it in my lap. The transformation seemed to have wiped him out. He was fast asleep. I couldn't leave him here, helpless. And like before when he had been smaller, carrying him was no longer an option.

The master would have to wait. I could see smears of blood on the floor. Hopefully we had done enough damage to kill him. It was all I could do. The others would need my help taking the city but I wasn't about to leave Hannibal. I smiled, I walked over to one of the windows and threw a chair through it. I could leave this room but that didn't mean I couldn't help. After all, I still had my rifle. It will be just like old times. Like back at the camp. I layed down and set up my rifle. I looked down my scope towards the prison. Ready to take out anyone who got in their way on the way to the weapons vault.