Chapter 40

Chapter 40: Seeker

I never thought I would step inside this gates after so many years. Or step inside their mansion. Even before the quarrel between our family, times where it was not that chaotic, I already promised Mom not to go near them. But now, I'm breaking that promise to put an end to this fight.

"Hija, you're here!" maligayang bati ni Lola Nicole.

Tipid akong ngumiti sa kanya nang lumapit pa ito sa akin para humalik sa aking pisngi. Tita Mitchell is here too, giving me that head-to-toe look.

"Kamusta ka na?" natutuwa niyang tanong.

"Fine po."

She smiled. "I missed you so much. Mitchell, tawagin mo si Nisa, ipaghanda ng tea ang apo ko."

"No, please. Don't bother. Hindi rin naman ako magtatagal." agap ko.

Unti unting lumiliit ang ngiti ni Lola Nicole saka tumango. Her name made me remember that actress who spilled wine on my dress.

"Mas gumanda ka lalo, hija." aniya. "Nasa study room ang Lolo mo,"

Sinundan ko siya patungo roon. One floor lang ang mansion nila ngunit malawak at kung nasa itaas titingnan, naka curba ito ng letter C. After walking and passing by their big glassy french windows which shows the backyard and the next room is the study room.

She pushed it open and I went inside. Hindi niya ako sinamahan at sinirado nalang ulit ang pinto. Lolo Andrino immediately raised his head to me. He adjusted his small eye glasses before taking it off.

"I see you're finally here." aniya. 

Lumapit ako sa kanyang lamesa at nilapag ang dalang brown envelope. His eyes drifted to it and looked at me again.

"It contains all your works behind the scenes. It includes all your bribery, sabotaging the media to make me lose my name, fabricating evidences and dragging the Figueroa to increase the stocks of Mega Entertainment." panimula ko.

Humalakhak siya ng mababa at sumandal palikod sa inuupuan.

"You found all of that. That man, Fidai, he is really good, huh?" he sounded sarcastic.

Nananatili akong kalmado. "I did this investigation by myself. I did not told him. And I also found out that you are the owner of Mega Entertainment. Just a unique alias you made there."

"What, hija? Are you gonna throw your own grandfather to jail?" natatawa niyang tanong.

"No." I coldly said. "I'm giving you the dose of your own medicine."

Kumunot ang noo niya at tumuwid ng upo. His eyes gave me that angry look he always shows whenever he scolds or threatens someone.

I smirked. "I don't want my family and my name getting dragged into this mess. I did something in your beloved company and it should keep you busy for a while."

"Aiofe..." malamig niyang tawag.

Binuksan niya ang envelope. I have papers there with the evidence of every evil things he has done and of course, the pictures of his actresses and actors in an indecent activities.

Namilog ang mata niya at galit na tumingin sa akin. I smiled shortly at him.

"Hindi ko alam na ang galing pala nilang umakyat ng hagdanan." nakangiti kong sabi, to provoke him more. "Ano kaya ang mangyayari kung mahawakan ng media ang mga litratong ito? May video pa naman."

"Aiofe!"

Sumeryoso ulit ako. I stared at him with dead eyes and I placed my hands on the table to lean a bit forward.