~ Chapter 18 ~

~ CHAPTER 18~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Scarlett" I call

"Yes" she calls back and walks out of the bathroom

"Can you help me for a second?" I say

I am stuck in between boxes. I haven't been at work for 2 weeks and the amount of files I have to go through is crazy. I had Holly bring all of my work home, and Scarletts work. Scarlett is the manager of the receptionists and I am Jane's personal assistant and we have been slacking badly.

At this rate, I think Jane would have fired me if I wasn't the mother of her grandchild, and If Scarlett didn't have exams. Scarlett works on the weekends and one day a week so she could still maintain her school work.

"Grab my hand," she says coming to me and she pulls me up

"This is bad," I say

"Yep it is" she replies "But we can deal with this later" she ads

"This is going to be a killer," I then say and turn to her

"Are you ready to go?" Scarlett then asks me and I check myself in the mirror

"Yes," I say and I place Violet in her car seat "Grab the baby bag"

"Got it" she replies

We are going shopping for their graduation, I need a few dresses since it is coming into summer and I don't fit into a lot of what I owned pre-baby, and like I said they need clothes for graduation.

So Chloe booked a date and we are going to the shopping centre. We say goodbye to my dad who is here for once and we get in the car. Scarlett drives us to the Shepherds and Chloe gets in as soon as we arrive.

We drive straight to shops, and we have to drive around the car park 3 times to find a park. We find a cafe that Scarlett and Chloe want to eat as soon soon as we arrive and I don't care where we eat. My exam results come in next week, I am so behind in my work, and the baby isn't sleeping well- I am just exhausted.

We grab a table and take a seat. A waitress brings us some drinks and I take Violet out of her pram and she is very alert, so we start explaining the things around us to her. We order our food and eat. Then we set out to find some clothes.

We hit a few stores and Chloe has some luck and she finds a simple orange dress with buttons, it sounds weird but it looks nice on her. Scarlett finds an emerald green silk dress that looks stunning on her figure. I also find a few cute summer dresses that I can wear and something for their graduation. I grab a few dresses that are the same style and Scarlett and Chloe convince me that I look nice which is good enough for me.

We then set out to find some new clothes for Violet. I swear this girl grows out of things every week and I am always buying her clothes. All of the baby stores are so cute and I cannot resist buying things for her. We then decide to just walk around the store and see if anything catches our eyes before leaving.

I spot a pretzel stand in the cafeteria and decide that I need one. I end up ordering one, but we have to wait. I'm cooing at Violet when I feel a hard knock on my elbow and I look up at Scarlett

"Ouch, watch it- you almost got her '' I say and point to the baby asleep on my chest. I have broken out the baby wrap, and I like it. It is very convenient for me. I have a full range of arm movement and she stays content.

"Look," Scarlett says and I look to where she is pointing and I see Ellie, the Ellie Scott who is dating Jax, with some guy and they look like they are having a heated discussion, she is pointing a finger at him and the guys face is red.

"Are they fighting?" Chloe says

"I think so" Scarlett replies

"We need to tell Jax," I say instantly and they look at me

"No you don't," they say

"Yes I do" I reply and I ditch the stand and start moving to the car, they chase after me and tell me that it is a bad idea but I ignore them. I put Violet in the car and Scarlett signs and gets it the car to. Chloe throws her hands up but gets in the car. Scarlett drives us to the Shepherd house, and waits in the car with Violet, whilst I head in with Chloe.

"Jax" I call out, storming through the door

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Chloe whispers to me

"Yes... JAX" I call and I hear feet stumbling and see Jax walk down the stairs. I see Chloe gulp beside me and Jax meets my eye level

"Hey are you okay?" he asks and I go silent "Vic, are you okay?" he asks again and Chloe elbows me

"Ah yes, sorry... I have to tell you something" I say

"What?" he asks

"I saw, well we saw, I ah"

"Vic, it's me, you can say anything" he replies

"We saw Ellie with another guy, and they looked like they were fighting-" I begin

"No you didn't" he cuts me off

"Yes I did tell him Chloe" I say

"Yeah I promise, we did" she buts in

"No, she said she was out with friends" he replies

"Jax, i promise, I saw her with another man" I say "I'm sorry Jax, I just wanted you to know, we don't know who she is"

"You don't know her," he finally says "You don't know who she is"

"Okay, but I do know what I saw" I reply

"I don't think you do," he says back and my heart hurts

"Please Jax, I'm not doing this to hurt you"

"Go home Vic, I don't want to talk about this again," he says and he leaves me crushed, I turn to Chloe and she frowns sympathetically at me.

"I'll talk to you after," I say to her

"Why don't you come in? Have Scarlett and the ba-"

"No, I need to go home, I'll message you later," I say back and she nods and hugs me I walk out of the house and swallow my tears. I get in the car and Scarlett looks at me

"No go?" she asks

"He doesn't believe me," I say and she nods

We drive home in silence and I take Violet up alone. I bathe her and Scarlett tidies the room. I don't want to talk and she knows that. I put my headphones in and drown it all out. I cannot believe this is where I am at in my life. My ex-boyfriend, my first love and my best friend do not believe me.

I blare my music until I feel Scarlett tapping my shoulder, I take the plugs out and I look at her

"I'm sorry Tori" she says

"Why?" I ask. I put Violet to bed early tonight so I could get stuck in on the paperwork that I need to do. I'm going to be up all night and for the next week at this rate.

"Shep didn't believe you," she says and she touches on the nerve that I was trying to bury

"Oh no that's fine," I say

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Scarlett" I reply "Trust me" I add

"Okay"

"Besides I don't have to see him now Grayson's birthday is over," I say

"Ah no, what about the mothers day lunch next week," she says

"Fuck" I reply

"Sweetie," she begins to say

"Nope, it's fine" I begin "That is next week's problem"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, now get to work before the paper consumes us," I say and she sits down beside me and we get going on our work.

Yes, he hurt me. But like I said, it's next weeks problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~