25: together, we are trouble

Depuis le début

"Not fair!" I pout. "I didn't even get a chance!"

"Well... We can disqualify Louis and have you partner with someone else if-"

"I'll take Zayn!" I smiled over at him, pushing myself off of Lou's shoulders and plopping down into the water. Staying under the water to swim to my boyfriend, a smile stayed on my face. I emerged from the liquid, splashing droplets all around. I looked up at him and grinned, "Hi partner!"

"Remember the rules, Charli!" Harry reminded, placing a devious smirk across his lips. "Couples are not allowed to be paired together!"

I sighed. That means I have to go with either Niall or Liam. I could go with Niall and piss my sister off, or go with Liam and actually have a chance at winning this stupid game everyone is excited about playing.

"I'll go with Li," I grinned, which made Niall pout.

"Why not me!?"

Would it be bad to tell him that the reason I chose Liam is because of my sister? Should I just tell them that I chose him because I actually wanted to win the stupid game that I never actually wanted to play in the first place?

"Because I'm taller than you, mate."

"That's not fair! Louis isn't tall, and he was her original partner!"

"And look where that got her."

I feel like I should just say something to stop their argument. "I chose Liam because Brooke bailed and he never got to play this stupid game. That, and Niall already played so it's only fair!"

"Where did she even run off to anyways?" Liam asked as he looked around the large yard. "Who is Michael again? And why did she feel the need to ditch for his call?"

"Her fuck buddy," Harry smirked. "He's in 5 Seconds of Summer. The guy with bright red hair."

"It's like Clifford the big red dog," Niall laughed. "His hair is red, he's super tall and his last name is Clifford. It fits perfectly!"

"Oh, that bloke. Nice guy," Liam admits, looking over at me. "I didn't know they were... dating?"

"To be honest, I don't know if they are or not. She's not going around telling people they are, and she'll deny it if you ask her about it. She told me point blank that nothing has or will go on with them-"

"I walked in on them naked at Zayn's place the one day," Niall cut me off. "It was really awkward."

"I did too," I groaned, thinking back to when I walked in on them lying on Zayn's guest bed naked. I shuddered, making the brunette in front of me wrap his arms around my waist.

"All right, enough of the gossip," Georgia interrupted. I looked over at leaning her head on the blonde boys chest and winked, making her blush. "Can we get to the finale here?"

"Fine, fine," I huffed, slowly detaching myself from Zayn.

I made my way over to Liam, and managed to somehow get myself onto his shoulders without anyone's help.

Liam and Harry walked towards each other, a devilish grin on Harry's face. Part of me was scared he were going to do something like Louis did, and just completely knock us out. My conscious told me that if he did, he'd be disqualified, and he wasn't about that.

Another pair of hands grasping onto my shoulders pulled me out of my daze, yet again. I smiled at Sophia, as I lunged forward and grabbed hers, watching her face drop in shock. We shoved each other playfully before I gave her one full of force, and watched as she wobbled side to side.