𝐎𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝

.•°♪chapter 02♪°•.

Leia breathed the cold breeze that stung her nose as she gained consciousness to feel her surroundings.

"Cold" she breathed but couldn't bring herself to stand as she couldn't feel her body that was numb with pain.

"What happened," she tried getting up and slowly sat down on the ground. She looked around and found herself in the middle of a graveyard.

Her heart skipped a beat as she hurried to her feet. She took steps forward and heard the crisp sound of snow crushing under her feet.

"Should I call their names?" She turned around to look for her friends but saw nothing except wilted flowers visible from under the snow covering the graves.

"I'm scared," her eyes burned as tears rolled down every time she blinked. She heard people whispering prayer and cries of children and women even though she was the only living being present there.
The leaves, the flowers, the birds all lay dead on the ground.

She started running, trying to at least get out of the scary graveyard but found no exit. Leia stopped to catch her breath while she shivered in the painful cold.

As she had her hands resting on her knees which now ached, her eye caught sight of something when she heard someone digging.

Reluctant, she made her way to the man who was humming a happy tune as he dug the ground.

"Sir?" Leia's heart raced as she mustered up all her courage to speak to the man who looked at her with squinted eyes but then started smiling.

"Whatcha doin' here young lady? Not much of a place for ya to be," He put his shovel on the side and sat down on a grave near the one he was digging.

"Do you know how can I get out of here?" She asked.

"Outta here? The exit's right o'er there ain't it?" He pointed to a tall tree where Leia saw no possible way of getting out.

"Where?" She asked again.

"There's a gate there... Don't ya see it young lady?" He looked at her as if she was some weird person. Leia stared at the place he was pointing to and then the man blankly.

"Oh, ya... Ya didn't come in yourself?"