Chapter 24

New York
7th December, 2021
-
Beyoncé's POV
-
My fingers tap against the steering wheel as I drive to my father's diner. I press my feet on the gas to make the car move fast just like how the thoughts in my brain were moving fast.

After finally reaching my father's diner, I got out my car, closing it behind me before walking over towards Rio and his gang of friends.

The impolite friend that I met a few weeks back when I came to visit Rio kept staring at me, I roll my eyes not bothering to give him any of my attention, he wasn't worth it.

Rio looks confused on why I'm here at Lenny's in the middle of a Sunday afternoon. He dismisses his friends and of course the one that cannot take a hint lingers.

He kept staring hungrily at my body and no matter how many years past and how many times I've forgiven him, my mind kept going back to Jelani and what he did.

Whenever a man shows me attention that I didn't want, the flashes of Jelani forcing himself on me run back in my mind.

No matter how many times I've said that it doesn't affect me anymore I know that night will always leave an unhealed scar.

Rio raises his eyebrow at his friend "I spared you the last time, I'll hate to beat your ass" He spoke with seriousness in his voice.

His friends looks at him before smacking his lips then gives me one last look before walking off towards the rest of the gang.

I roll my eyes at his actions, "This is the company you keep?" My eyes flicker to his friend that has no manners.

Rio shook his head quickly "You know I don't keep people like that around me. I really don't know what is going on with him"

I just hum. "What are you doing here, do you want something to eat or drink?" He politely asks.

"No, I actually came to speak to you" I told him the reason why I'm standing in front of him.

"Do you want to go inside and talk?" He gestures to the diner.

I quickly shook my head no "I don't want to be surrounded by thugs, Rio"

He nods in understanding then lean his back on the wall while looking at me "What do you want to speak about?" He asks.

This conversation isn't a conversation that I want to have with my brother but I needed answers before I drive myself mad "You remembered gabby, right?"

Rio tenses up as he nods slowly "Yes, I remember Gabby" it would be weird if he didn't since he was always at the Elite's club with Jelani.

"You told me that you know for a fact that Thomas is not a killer" I quote him on his words.

Rio nods again "Where are you going with this?" He asks confused.

I let out a sigh "If Thomas didn't have anything to do with Gabby then who did?" I ask the question that has been swirling around my mind since the conversation I had yesterday with Thomas.

Rio didn't answer right away, he paused for a moment before opening his mouth "If you're suddenly asking this then that means you already know who did" He answers my question without tell me who did it.

I didn't need him to elaborate because I already know the answer "And you knew this?" I kind of felt betrayed that Rio left me out of the loop.

He sighs before pushing his weight off the wall then stepping in my personal space "It was father's request, Bb. You know I'll never intentionally keep a secret from you"