Chapter 16

New York
8th September, 2022
-
Onika's Pov
-

I lean against the locker looking at Miss Knowles strut down the hallway. "Are you going to stare or are you going to give me an explanation" Ty slaps my shoulder pulling my eyes away from the Goddess.

"I rather stare" I told him honestly which earns another slap in my shoulder from him.

"When did you two begin doing it?" He whispers out.

I rest the back of my head on the locker remembering about the day Beyoncé and I took the next step.

Thinking about it isn't really romantic; she fucked me so I can stop asking questions.

It would be absolutely wrong of me if I said we did it the day of Jelani's tribute.

My brother isn't my best person right now but I still have love for him, he's my brother after all though I really really despise what he did.

I didn't want to lie to Ty so I kept my mouth close; my focus wasn't on him anymore my eyes were set on the group of girls that kept looking at me.

"I think one of those girls might have a crush on you" I point my head towards Lauren's friends.

Ty turns around to meet their gaze and they immediately roll their eyes, I snicker wondering what the hell he did for them to not like him.

Ty smacks his lips "You know they weren't looking at me" He says.

I chuckle "You're right, I just love messing with you" I ruffle his hair making him groan.

A pair of heels clicking against the floor made my head turns towards the most third gorgeous mid-age woman I've set my eyes.

In the corner of my eyes I can see Ty's mouth hung open watching the woman.

Who the hell is she?

"She's coming over here dude" Ty kept hitting my stomach making me groan.

I grab his hand to stop him "That fucking hurts you dick" I push his hands away and look at the woman walking to us.

The woman was now standing in front of us and I reach my hand over to close Ty's opened mouth.

The unknown sexy woman brushes her hair over her shoulder before taking off her sunglasses "I'm detective Parsley" She held her hand out for us to shake.

And it was then my attraction towards the woman immediately vanished, Ty seems to not hear the words she said.

"I'm Tyler and you are?" He looks absolutely star stuck while looking at the woman.

Detective parsley let out a humorous chuckle "I'm detective Parsley" She recites again.

That seem to knock some sense into Ty's brain, he slowly pulls his hand out of the detective embrace, and clear his throat "You're a detective?" He gulps.

Parsley nods before showing us her badge "And I'm there to ask you guy's questions. You are Onika Maraj and Thomas Greene, right?" She asks.

I quickly shook my head no "I think you're looking for those two over there" I point towards a random girl and boy.

She turns her head towards them then back on us "Oh my god, I'm sorry" She quickly apologizes.

I almost felt bad because she seems nice unlike the rest detectives who kept harassing.

"It's okay, you should really be careful next time" I stayed in character.

The detective apologizes again before walking over to the random friends, I took this opportunity to grab Ty's hand and pull us into the restroom.