Chapter 64 - Home at last

Tony flicks the silver piece, but Nebula immediately went into a fighting position, making you and Tony jump.

"You don't need to do that," Tony points as the object clatters to the ground, "Because, uh, Y/n, can you explain? You're better at explaining things."

Your head perks up, "Hm?" Nebula looks at you with a concentrated face, "Ah..you hold this position," She copies the position you were doing, "And then flick the object to your enemie's side."

She nods and murmurs a thank you as the game continues.

~~

She flicks the object with a grunt, but it misses unfortunately, making Tony smile.

"That was close," Tony assures, "Keep going."

"Send it to his face," You whisper, making Tony furrow his brows.

"Hey," Tony calls out, making you smile at him innocently. "Don't encourage bad behaviour."

You roll your eyes, "You act as if we are children."

"We are older than you," Nebula agreed, making you clap.

Tony sighs in disagreement, "But you still act like children, and I'm the responsible one."

"Not the responsible drinker though," You add, making Nebula snicker as you did the same.

~~

Nebula flicks another piece, which landed in Tony's territory.

"That's a goal, we are now one apiece," Tony informed as Nebula slammed her hand gently on the table.

"I would like to try again," She said.

~~

"We're tied up, feel the tension?" Tony asks as you spot Nebula's small smile, but it quickly faltered back into her serious frown.

"I'm rooting for Nebula," You exclaim by the couch, flipping a dagger for the past hour.

"That hurts my soul," Tony flicks another piece, which awfully missed. "That was terrible, now you have the chance to win."
Nebula flicks the silver piece, which landed gracefully. "And, you've won, congratulations, fair game."

Tony lends a hand, which Nebula took gratefully.

"You ladies had fun?" You ask, walking in the middle of them with a bright smile.

"It was fun," Nebula confirmed, making you smile wider.

~~

Now, you were sitting with Nebula by a staircase, enjoying each other's company even if it was just silence. Comfortable silence.

You turn your head to her, "Nebula, can you tell me a story?" You ask as she tilts her head, "Like, a story of your childhood, something fun??" You smiled.

"My childhood doesn't consist of..fond memories," She said rather distastefuly, making you give her an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry," You murmured.

"There was this one time," Nebula added, like the memory just flew by, "When we were children, Gamora and I, would pull..pranks."

You smiled, "On who?" You ask.

"Thanos," She informed, "We used to hide his food in unexpected places, sometimes we blame it on Maw."

"Thanos was your father?" You ask.

"Sometimes he was nice, but he favored Gamora.." She said, "But, after time went on he became serious, he trained us nonstop."

"But you still love him?" You question, scooting closer to her, which she didn't mind.

"..I do," She answered, "I don't want to talk about him anymore..may you tell me about yourself?" She asks.

"Well," You sigh, "I had three siblings in the past, there's only one left. But when I came here I just realized I had two more."

"Where are you from?" She asks.

"I'm from another universe consisting of an agency which protects other universes, protecting them from death," You informed with a nod.

"And you quit, why?"

"I didn't want to leave my loved ones, now I realized I didn't actually belong there."

"How did your siblings..die, were they like you?" She asked.

"They were," You nodded, "My elder brother is unfortunately missing, my younger brother is in training whilst my sister got eaten."

"Eaten?"

"Eaten," You nod.

"By what?"

You open your palm, it created a similar vision to what that creature looked like. It's disturbing tongue that looked like tentacles and it's face purely white.

"I'm sorry," She apologizes, "For your losses," She adds.

"I'm sorry too, for your childhood..and Gamora," You smiled.

~~

A woman named Carol, helped your ship land safely on Earth. She looked majestic, her body was glowing. Literally.

You and Nebula watch as Tony and Pepper had a moment, then your eye spots Natasha.

She runs to you, "Are you okay?" She asks, turning your face side to side. "God, we thought you were dead!" She exclaims.

"And I thought you were a red-head?" You ask, pulling her into a hug, "I lost him.." You whispered in the crook of her neck.

"It's okay, Y/n. You did your best," She assures, patting your back, "I'm sure he's proud to have a woman like you."

"Ah..to inform you," You said awkwardly as she pulls away, "We broke up."

"What?!" She exclaims, still holding onto your arms, "Wait, hold on, why??" She asks.

"He thought it would be for the best, don't panic," You said as you saw the flash of anger in her eyes, "We both love each other but..it's too late now."

"Get some rest," Natasha ushered, pulling you down the stairs.

"I can't," You whispered, "I have someone to talk to, I have a bargain with her," You reason, moving to the field.

"What are you talking about? You've done enough," She insists, holding you tightly by the wrist. "I can't let you get hurt again, y/n."

"I won't, Nat, I won't," You assure, "But, I need to do this, it might bring them back. All of them."

Natasha went on in silence, sighing right after, "Goodluck, Y/n."

You smiled, a portal appearing behind you, "Thank you," You muttered.

~~

Love is a dagger

Love is a dagger

-God of hairflips