Chapter 59 - Collector

"Will this be our last battle together?" You ask, staring off into space as you both sat down.

Thor had left to retrieve some new weapons with Rocket, whilst you were on the way to protect another stone.

"Perhaps so.." Loki uttered, feeling tears form on his eyes again. "It really would benefit us both if we weren't together. We bring chaos."

"Yet I love chaos." You smile at him, turning away from space as the two of you finally made eye contact.

Frigga was sent back to Earth with a pod, assuming she would be much safer there than here.

Of course she made some arguments on the way, but she understood your concern.

Loki smirks, "I know you do." His tear cascading down his cheek.

You lift your hand to wipe his tears, but decided against it. Instead, giving him a tight-lipped smile.

~~

Your team moves slowly inside the collection room, which was in ruins. Half of the place was rubble.

Hearing the man, collector, bicker with Thanos about the stones as you expand quickly.

"Today.." Drax utters in no less than a whisper. "He pays for the deaths of my wife and daughter." He said as you looked at him with sorrow.

Drax stood up almost abruptly, walking closer to Thanos but Quill stopped him.

"Drax, Drax, Drax. He doesn't have the stone yet, If we get it, then we can stop him." Quill whispers. "We have to get the stone first."

"You can't stop if he already has the stone with him, fool." You insult, your tone small aswell.

Drax points at you, like you have made a point. "See, she's smarter." He said, "This..this is for Ovette, for Camaria."

Drax starts fighting over his way to Thanos, but gets knocked out by Mantis who held him by the head.

Though, his body made a great thump on the floor, causing Thanos' attention to snap and your group to hide.

"Okay.." Quill breathlessly whispers, cocking his gun. "Gamora, Y/n, Mantis, you guys go right."

You and Gamora head along the front, not listening to whatever utters Quill had.

Gamora jumps up the crate, drawing her sword out as you slide over Thanos, hitting him with an energy blast, causing him to fall on his knees.

Gamora shouts as she stabs her sword up Thanos' throat, causing him to groan as you move your magic to keep him steady.

She let's out a red dagger, drawing it out as she stabs Thanos right at the heart.

Thanos gurgles left you content, but not long enough until he spoke again. "Why?" He asked in a menacing tone.

But before he could sound another mumble, you use your magic to be-head him. Causing Gamora to gasp as blood spurts everywhere.

Gamora kneels down, breaking as her tears flooded, the blade clattering on the floor as you stare at Thanos' lifeless body.

"That was quick." You hear Quill say, seeing the team stand as they stare at Gamora's miserable state.

"I thought this would've been..longer." You said, exasperated as you wipe the blood that hit your face.

"That was brutal." Drax uttered as Loki nods, moving to see your guilt-struck face.

You stared at Gamora's face, seeing it contort as the Collector starts cheering. It was your fault she was crying, and it absolutely destroyed you.

Loki, hesitantly, walks over you to pull you in a hug, knowing it would make you feel better.

"Is this sadness I sense in you, daughter? In my heart, I knew you still cared." Ypu hear Thanos voice say, like a narrator controlling the story.

His body starts disappearing with red ash, your syrroundings change aswell as your temperature.

The hot feeling of fire overwhelmed you as the whole place was chaos, it was gushing orange.

You clench your jaw, "Reality is often disappointing." Thanos said, revealing himself with a quick, red, hue. "That is, it was."

Gamora looks at him with pure sorrow. her tears had stopped as she just stared at him.

"Now.." The red stone flashes, making your eyes widen. You've failed. "Reality can be whatever I want."

"You knew I'd come." Gamora said with blood-shot eyes.

"I counted on it." Thanos nods, then his head slowly turns to you. "Butt I didn't think..you would bring my past enemies."

You narrow your eyes at him, and within a falsh, you fell down. Realizing the structure you were standing in was make-belief too.

You shout as you spot the bottom filled with spikes, Loki was falling right below you and it seems he's taken his fate.

"We're not dying like this." You mumbled, your eyes flistening bright as your powers took over you.

You took his by the torso and flew upwards, making him crash on the platform as you ran towards Thanos, but it was too late.

The blue fog surrounded him, causing you to trip and slam your fist to the floor.

Failure wasn't something you were used to.

~~

"We need all hands on deck," Bruce muttered, back on Earth. "Where's Clint?"

"After the accord situation he and Scott took a deal, it's too toigh on their families, they took house arrest." Natasha answered.

"Who's Scott?" Bruce asked.

"Ant-man." Steve said, "Who we need is Y/n, Thor and Loki, we need their skills."

"Doesn't look like they're coming any time soon." Bucky spoke up.

"I'm afraid..They're dead." Bruce expression sullens, hesitantly. "The last thing I saw was seeing Y/n on the floor, her face was bleeding and she.."

Wanda's eyes widen, aswell as Pietro's. "What?" They asked, simultaneously.

"There's no way, she won't just die on us." Pietro said, looking up to stop his tears.

"It was the last thing I saw.." Bruce looks at them apologetically. "She was defeated, exhausted. I'm sorry, Wanda."

Wanda's eyes glistened with tears, pinching her bottom lip. "It's ok-ay." She said in less than a whisper, afraid her voice would betray her.

"I'm gonna kill whoever did that.." Pietro whispers, his fist curling into a ball.

"We all are." Steve said.

~~

Just trust me on this one, m'kay?

Promise it'll get better, in a few chapters.

So, to make things clear. No, they didn't have a Civil war. Yes, they got the accords which split them up.