Fat chance.

I should've expected to see someone eventually. Actually, no, I did expect it, but not this early. Not this damn early.

And not when I was so defenseless.

"S-She--" **SLAP**

Fuck, what am I doing? Don't talk, dumbass!

My subsequent exhale was utterly excruciating, as I tried to silence it as much as possible. I wiped the tears that tackled my eyes away and tried to think of what to do. I was basically right in front of the mass of black, but I still couldn't tell what she was doing. Fuck, I could hardly even focus my vision.

I started to stand-- No! You idiot!

I immediately prepared myself for the fall, closing my mouth like a safe and tearing into my lips, but the fall never came.

"...?"

Why? Why didn't it come? Why could I--

"Mmph!"

Suddenly, the parasite inside me slushed. I could feel its slime repeatedly touch my inner walls and holy shit, I wanted to scream. I wanted to scream!

**THUD**

I punched my shoulder before I could, though, and tried so desperately to ignore the parasite. I began to move away haphazardly, not sure where at first, but then to the exit once I spotted it.

I knew I shouldn't be doing this so carelessly, I knew I should've been tiptoeing instead of dragging my legs across the ground, but I couldn't do anything else. I just-- I couldn't handle that damn black sludge anymore.

I didn't know what the woman was doing. Hell, I didn't even care, I just walked toward the exit. The fact that it was getting closer was all I needed to keep myself going and the wide opening practically felt within my arm's reach--

*SLAM*

"..."

No. It wasn't. Not anymore. Not when a wall of black suddenly closed my escape route. Not when the surprise of it all made me trip. Not when I slammed face-first into that wall and began to skid down.

"..."

I didn't even bother to move. It wasn't worth it. I pathetically plummeted to the ground, stopping when my chin made contact with it.

"..."

...

...

...

"..."

Was there any justice in this world, I wonder? What did I do to deserve this? Why me? What did I do?

"..."

I wanted someone to answer me. Fuck, how I wanted that. But it wasn't going to happen. I was forced to roll with the punches. Too bad they were being thrown by a professional boxer.

"..."

This wasn't fair.

"..."

I don't want to move anymore.

"..."

"..."

...

...

...

...Wait. That isn't right. 

I finally got up-- as much as I could, anyway-- and sat with my back against the black wall. I wasn't doing this because I wanted to, but because something was telling me I had to. I didn't even have to move this much, I just needed to be able to observe. Observe the dead grass field in front of me, littered with dry leaves and sticks that I failed to notice before.