It warmed my heart when I looked at how happy Faith and Owen were. They appeared as if they were on cloud nine, and love reflected in their eyes when they looked at each other.

"I take it you've learned to flush the toilet then, Owen?" I raised a brow at Owen and he shot me a glare.

"I am going to kill Mitch when I see him again," Owen grumbled while Faith and I laughed. "Speaking of the devil, where is he?"

Guilt set in my stomach when I recalled the look of pain on his face when I hit him with the paddle. It was a mistake but I still felt awful, Mitchell insisted it wasn't my fault but he looked like an injured puppy before he drifted off to sleep.

"Asleep," I murmured and took a sip of tea.

"Uh-oh," Owen's face turned serious, "Are you guys already fighting? Do I need to take a plane to... wherever you are now and play referee again?"

I stifled a laugh when I recalled how Owen was always caught in the middle of my and Mitchell's fights, whether it be physical or just a screaming match.

"No," I sighed, "We aren't fighting but I hit him in the family jewels by mistake with a kayak paddle."

"Ouch," Faith winced while Owen raised a brow at me.

"Are you sure it was a mistake and you didn't injure him on purpose?" Owen asked.

"Why would I do that?" I choked out.

"Well... you are Mila and he is Mitchell but obvious reasons aside, maybe he pissed you off with something? Probably told you not to wear or do something," Owen replied.

"Wow," my eyes widened, "You really do know your friend well."

Owen shrugged, "Only my whole life."

"We had a fight over an outfit choice but we sorted that out," I said honestly, "And I really did hit him by mistake..." I went on to fill Faith and Owen about our day and how I ended up injuring Mitchell.

Owen was in a fit of laughter and Faith smacked him for laughing at his friend's pain. "I'm going to be honest here," Owen said after his laughter died down, "Mitch had that coming for a long time, so don't feel bad."

I chewed on my bottom lip, "I feel bad."

"Of course, you do, you injured the person you love," Faith cooed and I crinkled my nose in disgust.

"Ew, don't say it like that!"

"Don't beat yourself up about it, Mils," Owen waved me off, "Mitch will get you back in another way."

"What?" Faith shot a look at Owen, "Mitch will die if he ever lays a hand on Mila!"

I lowered my gaze and innocently took a sip of green tea. Faith was so innocent and she meant well but if only she knew what I assumed Owen insinuated. Mitchell wasn't the type of person to raise a hand on any woman but he did spank me... more than once. And I liked it, more than I allowed myself to admit.

"No, no," Owen quickly said, "Mitch would never lay a hand on Mila... not in that way at least," Owen paused and ran a hand through his unkempt hair, "What I mean is... never mind," he kissed the side of Faith's head, "You're too much of an angel to understand."

"The devil was once an angel too," I mused and grinned knowingly at Owen, "Just how much about your best friend do you know?"

Owen sighed, "More than I'd like."

Faith looked between me and Owen, "What am I missing?" Faith shot me a look, "Did Mitchell hurt you?"

"Relax, Fay," I calmed her down, "As you said, if Mitch had to lay a hand on me, he'd die... at my hands."