Chapter 19

Y/N's POV
No one knew what to do. We were all confused. "What's going on" Matt and I asked at the exact same time. "Just minutes ago....we've found a pair of lungs just now....we have to take you into surgery right now" she said. They all chased me down the hall as the doctors rolled my bed out of the room. "Y/n, you know what this means, your gonna live!" Matt said. "and we're gonna get married and....y/n we get to be together. There's no time limit anymore" he said. "Yeah" I said smiling uncontrollably. "Y/n your gonna live!" Hayes said. "Yeah I know" I responded. I couldn't believe it. I was going to live! "Guys! Call Ryann, Shawn, And everyone okay!" I said. "Of course" they all responded. Taylor came up beside us "guys what's happening" he asked sounding scared. "Y/n is gonna live" they all told him happily. "Ohhh congratulations" he said excitedly. "Yeah yeah yeah, call Ryann, Shawn and everyone in LA!" I said. "I can't wait to talk to Shawn and Ryann" I said. "Okay this is it, we'll see you guys when we're done" Doctor Baily said and Matt kissed me before she shut the door. Everything else after that was a blur. They put a mask on me then I fell asleep. I was dreaming. Dreaming about getting married and walking down the aisle. I decided that Shawn should walk me down the aisle and also be the best man since he's best friends with me and Matt. And Ryann was the maid of honor. And Ryann and Trevor got married. Everyone was there, everyone who went back to LA came and was either a bridesmaid or groomsmen and it was perfect. We were all smiling and we were all together. Then I started waking up. Doctor Baily began talking to me "we're gonna give you about 15 minutes to fully wake up before we take you back to your room. The surgery is over, it only lasted about 2 hours" she said. I smiled. I was no longer the stopwatch that would stop. I was gonna be happy. Then I realized why I was gonna be happy. That prayer. When Shawn prayed with me. That prayer is the reason I'm here. Because he prayed and God answered the prayer. I get to have a long happy life with the people I love. I couldn't wait to see them all. When the nurse opened the door, Ryann was standing there. When she saw me, she screamed my name and ran towards me. "Y/n your alive, were both alive and we get to stay alive" she said. I smiled Doctor Baily rolled me back to my room. Matt and Shawn weren't there. Hayes ran and hugged me and then the Jacks and everyone else. I was still shocked. Shocked that I was alive. "Where's Matt and Shawn" I asked. "Shawn wasn't answering his phone so Matt went out to look for him, and now Matt's not answering his phone" Gilinsky explained. "They'll be back soon probably" he said. "Okay" I said. It was a difficult surgery to preform, but there's really no recovery time or anything. "When did Matt leave" I asked. "About 2 and 1/2 hours ago when you first went into surgery" Johnson told me. We all walked down to the lobby/lunch room area. We were almost there when Matt burst through the door........sobbing. I ran towards him. He hugged me. He was stuttering terribly. "It......it's.........it's.....SHAWN" he said sobbing. A police officer came in behind him. "The police drove me here from the station" Matt said still sobbing. "Why, what happened, where's shawn!?!?" I asked him. "I found his car on the side of the rode and he was gone. There was no ambulance or anything. The only people there were the police. I asked them where he was and they.....they.....they.. Said that......that...he.............got in a car wreck. And I went to the station with them and they had already searched his car and found his phone and a note. They gave it to me and told me that he was here. I didn't know when they told me that he was here that they meant he had been here for the last hour." He said crying. "They didn't tell me that he was DEAD!!!" He said sobbing. At that moment I lost it. I ran down the hall sobbing. I found Doctor Baily. I ran up to her "where is he, where's his body. I need to see him.. You guys need to bring him back!!!" I screamed. "He's dead. We can't bring him back. He completely died 3 hours ago" she said. "WELL LET ME SEE HIM!!!!!!" I screamed sobbing. "You can't, you don't understand, we did everything we could and there was no way we could save him but He's an organ donor. We had to. It's the law, we absolutely had to. It wasn't our choice." She said. I was confused. What did she mean, "the law" and "we had no choice" then it all made sense. I wish it didn't make sense though. Because when it made sense it just hurt that more. They had used Shawn's lungs on me. He had saved my life. His prayer worked, he had meant it when he said that he wouldn't let me die. But at that moment of realization I wished I was dead. Just so I could see him again. He wasn't the one who was supposed to die. It was supposed to be me, it was always supposed to be me. That's how it's been since the beginning. He wouldn't come to my wedding and he wouldn't meet my kids or walk me down the aisle. He wouldn't be there. He left me. All he ever wanted to do was give me a happy long life. And now he left me to do that. I ran back to the rest of the guys and Matt and I were not the only ones sobbing. They all were. I ran into Matt and hugged him. And when i crashed into him all I could think of was how the lungs inside of me, with every breathe I take, I'm breathing through Shawn's lungs. And it hurt to much. I fell down to the ground sobbing. We were all sobbing. Hayes fell beside me and hugged me. We all stayed there for at least 10 minutes just sobbing, not wanting to face reality. The reality that we wouldn't see him until we died to. And we'd have to live life without him. That was what hurt and what was to much.....for all of us.