33. The Signature

Start from the beginning

No bangles, no anklets.

I couldn't hear the melody of her earrings when the swaying in the air or tinkle when she tuck the loose strand of her hair behind her ear when her cheeks turning into pink because of me. I could not hear the melody of her anklets ghungroo when we both go for walk after our long day in office.

My heart sink when I saw her suit was torn from her shoulder and she immediately hide it with her dupatta when she noticed I was looking at it.

I don't know why she is like this. I thought she must turn into a strong girl but as I saw her yesterday, she was more than broken to be repaired. There were so much pain in her eyes when she was comparing herself from that trashed  tissue paper. She doesn't know her value.

Is her family, her parents and Atul torturing her more than before. Why did she say that she is happy when I clearly saw she is not. There were so much hurt and pain in her voice when she said I hurt her. It feels like she was not talking about the physical pain which I gave her, gripping her wrist tightly, it was more than that.

Did I really hurt her?

She hugged me yesterday. Maybe that was the best thing I had ever feel in years. I car still feel her body close to me. My heart was beating fast at that time but it was weirdly calm and composed like this the thing it needs from years. It finally found the lost piece which was missing from years.

I want take Aditi with me right away but I don't want to hurt her feelings more. I want to take things slow between us. I don't want the history repeats and again fingers raised on her character. I want to be her friend. I want to make her happy and wanted to see that smile again on her face which she always had looking at me. She still have my effect on her. I saw how she turn red when I squeezed her hand lightly at the restaurant.

I will again make her my beautiful neighbour whom I loved to adore from my window at late night, after she sleep.

Ting...Tong..

I was lost in her thought when the door bell rang. I crushed the cigarette in the astray, extinguished it and walked to the door to open it.

I opened the door and Nikhil was standing before me in his business suit. I moved inside and Nikhil closed the door after getting him in. I took my navy blue t-shirt from the couch and wore it. He took a look of my house and shake his head in disbelief looking at its condition. Last time he came here when I was lying in my own blood.

"You are literally living in a dustbin. Should I send the maid to clean it." He said while looking around in my house and then make himself comfortable on the one side of couch.

My living room is far clean than other area in my house. I wonder what will say after looking at my bedroom. That's why I never allowed anyone to visit my house. Even dustbins are clean than my house.

"Don't worry. I'll take care of it." I said in a flat tone and make my way in the kitchen and I know he was following me.

"Coffee...?" I asked him without turning to him.

"Yeah sure." I heard his answer and pour water in a kettle later add some coffee and set the kettle in a coffee machine. I open the fridge for the toast because doesn't like his coffee without little snacks but my fridge was empty. I didn't remember when was the last time I went for grocery shopping because most of the time, I eat from outside.

"Why are you living here when government gave you the mansion with all facilities?" Nikhil seems to noticed it.

"I am fine here." I said while serving some peanuts in the bowl which I have from last time when Raghav accompany me here, in my house for drink. It was him, to bought this packets of some namkeen.