Chapter 33- Meet with Toxic People

'What's wrong?' I asked.

'Uh- I don't really like whining about my problems.' He said rubbing the back of his neck.

'I want you to whine about your problems to me!!' I said eyeing him angrily.

'It's just that my parents....' he stopped before he completed the sentence.

'Your parents what?' I asked.

'They are just forcing me to change schools and all.' He completed.

'They are moving to another country so they want to take me.' He said. The blood stopped flowing through my body. My throat went dry.

'Do you wanna go?' I asked.

'No. Of course not.' He said shaking his head.

'You are pretty stressed about this right?' I asked.

'Yeah. They are constantly torturing me. They have started living at my place.' He said.

'You can come over to my place.' I said shrugging.

He laughed. 

'Don't worry Erika. I will be fine.' he said putting his hand above mine.

'You need to take a break Luke.' I said.

He laughed again.

'I can't. I gotta practice harder for the next match. I have to crush LOS ANGELES HIGH SCHOOL.' he said clenching his fists.

After a second he realized I was in that school.

'Oh sorry. I just forgot.' He said. 

'I don't really care about that.' I said.

'By the way sorry about that time. For shouting at you. It's just that I hardly see you and I feel lonely.' I said and held back my tears. 

'I am sorry I haven't been a good boyfriend lately.' he said. 

'It's alright. I still love you.' I said as a drop of tear left my eye. 

'I love you more.' he said and kissed my hand. It was the closest thing to him that time. After finishing the pizza, we left. I stopped at the ice cream place and got some ice-cream for both of us. Uh- I am almost out of money. I need money!!!!!! There is no way dad will increase my allowance. I need to work in some grocery store or something. 

He licked the ice cream thoughtfully. He seems lost in thoughts. I dropped my ice cream on purpose. He chuckled and pinched my cheek. He handed me his ice cream.

'No. You eat it.' I said and picked up my fallen ice cream. I threw it in the dustbin and wiped my hands with a tissue. 

'Come on have a lick.' He said shoving the ice cream towards my mouth. I took a lick and smiled. He put some cream on my nose and laughed. I am glad I make him happy. We almost reached his home. 

'I am afraid you can't come to my house.' he said.

'Why? because of your parents?' I asked. He nodded embarrassed. 

'See Luke, I don't give a damn to your parents. I don't care.' I told him.

'They are really toxic.' I said.

'I don't care.' I said and climbed up to his house. I opened the door and saw a fair woman with blond hair and cold black eyes. There was a man too. Who was busy on his laptop. He was a middle aged man who wasn't even tall. He had brown eyes and chapped lips which were surrounded by thick beard. Are they really his parents? I looked at Luke once. There is no way they are his parents. 

As I opened the door their cold eyes looked at me curiously. I looked at cheerfully and gave them my best smile. They didn't smile back. My fingers were interlocked with Luke. 

'Who are you?' The lady asked.

'I am Luke's friend. You must be his parents.' I said smiling.

'OH Luke has a friend?' His dad said laughing as it was something really hilarious. 

'Actually I am his girlfriend.' I said. 

'Luke has a girlfriend. That's even funnier. With looks he got. No girl would even look at him.' His dad said again. I feel my blood boiling.

'How did the match go?' His mom asked.

'Well. We lost.' He said.

'Ah. I knew it. Girl aren't you embarrassed to be his girlfriend?' his dad asked.

'NO.' I replied holding back my anger.

'I don't know how he impressed you. You are too beautiful for him.' His mom said and sipped the coffee. I? I too beautiful for Luke? Is she blind? 

I glanced at Luke. A grim look had taken over his face.  

'Hello um- I don't know how to say this but you both are really shitty.' I said with all the courage I had. They both looked taken aback.

'Did she just call us shitty?' His mom asked his father.

'Yes I did. What will you do about it?' I asked.

'You little brute.' His mom mumbled and walked towards me.

'You know what? Luke won't move with you. He will die with stupid people like you. Just leave him alone.' I said.

'He told you that?' His dad hissed.

'You will tell us what to do?' His mother was now just in front of me. 

'You know child abuse is a crime.' I said sternly.

'What the hell!!!' Her mom shouted angrily.

'You wouldn't dare.' she hissed at me.

I just scoffed. 

'Bitch.' She mumbled.

'Right back at you.' I said with a sarcastic smile. 

We had a long argument. Luke just stood there weakly. Finally his parents got tired and his father said  'Fine its not like we want to keep this loser with us.' He shut his laptop. They packed as I stood there with Luke. 

They started to leave. Before leaving Luke's mom gave me one last glare. His dad glared at me too.  I just smiled at them and waved them good bye. Seriously how does Luke survive with such parents? After they left Luke looked a little better. 

'Thank you so much.' He said hugging me. His head rested on my neck. I hugged him back tightly. 

'Can I tell you something?' He asked.

'Yeah. Anything.' I replied caressing his hair. 

'I am adopted.' He said. 

My body froze. I-

Hey guys!

I hope you liked this chapter!

Do VOTE! COMMENT! and SHARE!

Comment your views! I would love to read it!!

Thank you for reading!

And uh people....LOVE YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!