Chapter 1- A New Start

Today we are moving to a new house. We include me and dad. We are going to live with Shane and his dad. By the way I am Erika. Erika hart. My mom passed away after a year I was born. I actually don't know much about her. Dad rarely talks about mom. All he says that she was an ambitious and amazing woman and he wants me to be like her. Anyways Shane's dad is my dad's childhood friend. I knew Shane since I was three. We both used to play a lot. His mom loved me so much but when I was ten they all moved to Chicago. Shane's mom was diagnosed with cancer. I was all alone in Los Angeles. I missed Shane, his mom and his dad too. 

Just before six months his mom passed away. I still can't believe this. Shane's dad Mr. Copper thinks it will be nice if we all live together under the same roof. I agree. I am tired of being alone. Dad doesn't express his feelings much. I think he has a problem in expressing himself. Mr. Copper and dad have bought a nice house. I am surprised man! It's huge! 

Mr. Copper and Shane aren't here yet. Me and dad are exploring the house. Dad sold all the old stuff. He even changed my school. I don't know why. I don't have any problem though because I didn't have any friends there. This school is named 'LOS ANGELES HIGH SCHOOL.' Me and Shane are going to study together there. It's been five years since I saw him. We didn't even keep in touch. He never called me. I did but he didn't pick up. When Mrs. Copper picked it up she talked to me but Shane never did. I don't get it. Does he hate me or what? I don't know why but I am kind of nervous. He must be grown up. I am also grown up. I hope we get along. I am excited too! It's all a new start. Tomorrow is the first day of my new school !! All this excitement is killing me!!

The only thing good about my old school was Ethan. He is my boyfriend. He is seriously the best I could have ever asked for. He drops me home, come to pick me up for school, defends me and loves me so much. He talked a lot. I mean all that cutesy talks like 'Aw you so cute' 'I don't know how you so cute.' And all that. I didn't really like that but he was happy that's all. We have been in a relationship for at least two months now. The only thing I hate about him is that he doesn't pick up my calls. 

'Erika??!' dad shouted to call me.

'Yeah dad coming.' I said and rushed to the other end of the house.

He was standing quietly.

'What happened dad?' I asked him.

'I just wanna say co-operate with Shane. Michael is moving here so that Shane feels better in some company.' He said.

'Dad why won't we get along? He is Shane! Shaneyy!! Shane the sheep!' I exclaimed but I have to admit it was pretty awkward when he asked me to co-operate with him.

'He is not Shane the sheep anymore.' Dad said and took out his phone.

He showed me a picture. There was a guy almost six foot two to three inches tall, Bright white skin with brown eyes and light pink lips. His body was muscular and his hair was dark brown and simple. Like no style. It was just simple but that made him look hot. He wore a serious look on his face.

'Who's he?' I asked dumbly.

'He's Shane.' Dad said putting his phone back in his pocket.

'No way!!!!' I shouted.

'Did you see his expression? He is like that all the time. He hardly smiles. Actually he never smiles. Be good to him and fill him with love.' Dad said and walked away.

How am I supposed to fill him with love!? Can someone tell me that please?! I seriously don't get it. Maybe dad wants me to act like a good friend. Well there's no problem in that. I am a friendly person. I hear someone beeping the horn. Could it be?!?!! Shane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!