Chapter 27: Girlfriends

Start from the beginning

----------

Soojoo went back to her client's office after her lunch with Jisoo. She's trying her best to put everything they've talked about behind her head because she has to focus as an auditor. But she somehow can't seem to get it out of her head and found herself lost in thought a few times which didn't go unnoticed by Mino.

"Hey Soojoo? Is everything alright?" He asked and when Soojoo didn't respond he snapped his two fingers infront of her

"Earth to Soojoo?"

This seemed to work and broke Soojoo out of her trance "Oh hey, sorry about that, where were we?"

"What's bothering you?"

"It's nothing, let's just get back to work" Soojoo denied

Mino sighed "You won't be able to work properly unless you let out what's been bothering you. Maybe I can help?"

Soojoo contemplated for a while before finally giving in, after all, she thinks Mino was right, she won't be able to work properly anyway so might as well get it off her head "It's just that, the girl I like, is now with someone else"

"Sorry to hear that" Mino said sympathetically

"And you know what's worse? The girl doesn't even deserve her... I mean Jisoo's so pure and innocent and..." Soojoo wasn't able to finish her sentence when Mino cut her off

"Wait did you say Jisoo?" He thinks he heard that name from somewhere

Soojoo suddenly remembered that Mino was friends with Jennie when they bumped into them that one time "Right, I assume you know her, considering you're friends with Jennie"

And that's when Mino realized that he heard the name Jisoo when Jennie and Lisa mentioned about a bet but Jennie called it off because apparently she fell for the girl.

"Are they together now?"

"Yes, just a few weeks ago apparently"

Mino couldn't believe his ears. He couldn't believe Jennie would be in an actual relationship, with labels and all that couple-y stuff. Maybe without Jisoo in the picture, he would've stood a chance, after all, the only reason why he stopped pursuing Jennie is because she's allergic to commitment.

"So Jennie did it huh" Mino smirked, he thought of an idea.

"Did what?" Soojoo asked confusingly

"The bet" Mino said nonchalantly

Soojoo's curiosity got even bigger "What are you talking about?"