Chapter Two: The invite

Another day, same old routine. I thought to myself as I stretched my body before finally getting up from my bed. "Thank God it's Friday" I whispered to myself. When I got out of my room, I saw Rosie already dressed up and ready to leave for work. "Good morning" I said, smiling.

"Good morning, you're early today" Rosie said smiling in response.

"Well, I wanted to get off work early today too since it's Friday" I said.

"Anyways, I gotta go, I'm running late and we have a meeting with our client" Rosie said.

"That fashionista client of yours?" I asked. "Yeah that one" Rosie answered.

"Alright then, take care on your way to work and good luck" I said to her.

"Thanks, you too, oh and I have some food in the fridge, just get some if you want for breakfast, okay, bye!" Rosie said before shutting the door. "Okay thanks, bye!" I said hurriedly as she was about to shut the door already.

———-

I was halfway through my work for today when I noticed the time. It's only 2:00 pm. I decided to check my phone first as I was starting to feel sleepy and bored. As soon as I unlocked my phone, I saw a message from Rosie.

RosiePosie [11:01]: Hey Jisoo! You have plans for tonight?

Without adieu, I started replying back.

To RosiePosie [14:06]: None yet, why'd you ask?

I was checking my twitter timeline when I got another message from Rosie.

RosiePosie [14:08]: Wanna go to this newly opened bar tonight?

Not really a fan of drinking, but I would say I developed a high tolerance for alcohol since I had to learn how to drink for socializing.

To RosiePosie [14:09]: Sure, who else are we going with?

I figured Rosie might be bringing some of her friends, which most of them I already met.

RosiePosie [14:10]: Oh, just me one of my colleagues and our client.

Client. Hm, is this the fashionista client Rosie is very fond of?

To RosiePosie [14:12]: Client? Is this a business meeting or what? Are you sure it's alright for me to be there?

I asked as I don't want to be a bother to Rosie if the purpose of their night out is for business matters.

RosiePosie [14: 13]: Of course! You know I wouldn't invite you if this is work related right? Besides, I've been talking to Jennie about you and I told how different you guys are. It's like you guys are the total opposite. But she does some things that would totally remind me of you because that how you would do some things either! It's like you're opposites with similarities, if that's even possible?

Jennie. So they're friends now huh?

To RosiePosie [14:16]: Yah Park Chaeyoung! Why are you talking about me with your client huh?

RosiePosie [14:17]: Relax! I just mentioned you one time because she did something that reminded me of you and I told her "you know that's something my best friend would also do" and then we got into talking and they invited me to go out tonight, she said to invite you over since you appear to be interesting.

To RosiePosie [14:18]: They? So more than one client? Yah Chaeyoung! I don't want to feel out of place

RosiePosie [14:19]: Oh, Jennie said that she will be going out with her best friend tonight and that I should ask you also since you seem to be interesting. My colleague Nayeon heard about the conversation so Jennie invited her as well. What are you worried about Jisooyah! I will be there, and Nayeon, you've already met her before right?

Right. How could I forget? Nayeon is Rosie's officemate who kept on making a move on me that one time we went out drinking.

To RosiePosie [14:22]: Alright, alright. I'll see you tonight? What time and where do we meet?

RosiePosie [14:23]: I'll meet you in the apartment, we can go together. I'll be off work by 7:00pm so I guess I'll see you at around 7:15?"

To RosiePosie [14:23] Alright, see you!

I locked my phone and looked at the time on my computer screen. It's almost 2:30 in the afternoon, I better finish my work now so I could leave by 7:00pm.

———

Finally, last email and I'm done for the day. Gosh I am so tired, so tired I feel like cancelling on Rosie tonight and just sleep in the apartment – To tell you more about myself, there are two things I like doing the most in this world and that is to sleep and to eat. But it has also been a while since we went out together. Feeling kind of bad, I'm forcing myself to go out tonight.

I arrived in the apartment before Rosie as my apartment is only a 10-minute walk from the office. A few minutes later, the door opened to reveal an excited Rosie.

"Hi" she said happily.

"Hi" I said back, forcing myself to sound excited.

"Alright, let just freshen up and change clothes before we get a cab going to the bar" she said while walking towards her room.

"You'll survive tonight Kim Jisoo, you will enjoy for sure" I reassured myself.

Like I said, I go to bars for the sake of socializing and to be able to hang out with my friends but that doesn't mean that I'm very fond of them. I find bars and clubs too loud, making it hard for me to actually socialize so I always end up drinking to lessen the awkwardness in my awkward self. I changed my clothes into shorts and a crop top while Rosie changed into a black party dress. After changing, we went down to the driveway of the lobby of the apartment building to wait for a cab.

While inside the cab, I finally asked Rosie "So when and how did you become friends with this Jennie girl?" she looked at me and said "It's because of you. Before I brought your name up and tell stories about you, most of what we talk about were purely work related, actually that's all we've ever talked about." She continued "It's hard to explain, like you guys are total opposites in terms of how you act, how you dress, how you speak, but at the same time you guys are totally similar in terms of how you think." Rosie said and I shrugged.

While Rosie is really looking forward to go out and have some fun tonight, I couldn't wait for the night to end to finally be able to be with my bed again.