Chapter Three: The Bet Starts

JENNIE'S POV

After my meeting with the marketing team of DHC Corporation, I hurriedly hailed for a cab as I was already running late for my lunch with my best friend. As soon as I get into the restaurant, I immediately saw Lisa, I mean, who could miss that face in public combined with her very jolly and energetic personality.

"You're 5 minutes late!" she teased. "You should pay for lunch today" she said while smirking.

"Yah Lalisa! If I know, you just arrived here too!" I mumbled.

"Okay okay, so what's our plan for tonight? I mean it's a Friday night!" she asked.

"Speaking of plans tonight, I-I actually invited some of the marketing team from DHC to hang out with us at this newly opened bar." I said to her with a low voice.

"What now?" she asked while raising one of her eyebrows. "You don't go out with people you work with, right? Are they your friends from before?" she asked still raising her brow.

"N-no, but they seem to be nice, I'm pretty sure you'll like them." I said while throwing her a smile.

"Them? How many are they exactly?" Lisa asked.

"Initially I just invited this girl Rosie but then one of her teammates Nayeon heard our conversation and I felt bad for not asking her so I invited her as well."

"So it's going to be the four of us then?"

"Actually..... five"

"Five? Who else did you invite?"

"I asked Rosie to bring her best friend with her since I'll be bringing my best friend too"

"Okay, but don't you think it would be pretty awkward? I mean, I don't know them, you don't know them that much, they don't know me, and they don't know you that much"

"Rosie is pretty easy to talk to, I'm pretty sure you guys will click, I know it, and the way she tells me stories about her best friend, she seems interesting too."

"Are you sure you just don't want to get into any of these girls' pants?"

"Of course not!" I said loudly while hitting Lisa on her shoulder. "You know I don't get involved with the people I work with. It's a complication" I continued.

"Fine fine. But are they even hot?"

I laughed before answering, "Rosie is pretty gorgeous, Nayeon is pretty herself too, you might actually end up liking one of them and I wouldn't be surprised"

"Huh? You mean, they might actually end up liking me?" She smirked. "What about the best friend, is she pretty too?" Lisa continued.

"I don't really know, like I said, I only know her from the stories that Rosie share"

"Oh, because I thought, you don't wanna get involved with the people you work with so you'll get yourself involved with the bestfriend of someone you work with" Lisa teasingly said while nodding her eyebrows.

"Nah, based from Rosie's stories, this girl is actually a plant"

"A plant? What do you mean by a plant?"

"Meaning, she seems to be uninterested in anyone. She only likes to sleep and to eat. Sometimes to read, and to watch series and movies."

"Well maybe Jennie Kim could change that?" Lisa said while raising both of her eyebrows.

"Yah! Are you challenging me?" I said raising one eyebrow.

"Okay okay, let's make a bet, if you get her to fall for you within a week and I'll be your servant for a month, and if you lose, you'll be my bitch for a month"

I cleared my throat "Within a week? Lisa, I told you, the girl's a plant"

"Wow, Jennie Kim who always gets the girl or guy she wants within a snap of finger is actually worried that she can't do it this time within a week? Or you're just making up excuses not to do the bet" Lisa teased.

"Fine, I'll do it but give me a month." I said while glaring at her.

"Deal" she said while offering her hand to me for a handshake.

"Deal" I shook her hand and continued "God, I hope she's pretty"

"Well I guess we'll see later"

"Yeah, I guess we will" I said.

"But no matter what she looks like, you still have to do the bet, I mean, we already shook hands"

"Fine" I said, while thinking to myself to what did I get myself into.

For some reason, I kinda want to meet this girl. I don't know why, but based from Rosie's stories, she really seems interesting, even though Rosie would always say "She's funny but she doesn't know it."

"So what time do we meet them later?" Lisa asked interrupting my thoughts.

"I told them to meet us at 8:30pm, would that be good?"

"Okay, my car is still at the repair shop so you'll be my ride tonight"

"It's okay, I'll pick up you at 8:00pm" I said.

"Seriously though, you ARE my ride tonight, you can't leave me for another one of your one night stands"

"I won't, besides, we will be with the people I'm working, and you know I always act professional around them, in and outside the office" I assured her.

"That's good, can we please order now? I'm starving"

"Alright, I'll call the waiter."