Chapter 19: The Development

Lunch with Jennie went great and not awkward as Jisoo thought it would be. Neither of them didn't bring the question up although there were a few shy glances here and there. And just like the usual, conversations flow naturally for the both of them.

While the two of them are walking back to Jisoo's office, Jennie slowly reached for Jisoo's hand. Jisoo looked at their hands then to Jennie

"Jen?"

"Hmm?"

"Uhh what are you doing?"

Jennie stopped walking but kept a firm hold of Jisoo's hand. She then intertwined their fingers together before pulling their joined hands into her lips to kiss the back of Jisoo's palm. Jisoo's cheeks were burning the entire time and she had to look away to hide her embarrassment from Jennie.

"I hold on to things I don't want to lose." Jennie shrugged "Is this okay?" she continued, worry starts kicking in on her.

"Y-yeah, I guess so"

"You're cute when you're blushing" Jennie teased

To say that Jisoo's face is red is an understatement, her burning cheeks became even hotter because of embarrassment

"Wha – No I'm not!"

"Right, you're always cute, not just when you're blushing"

"I'm not blushing" Jisoo murmured

"It's okay Jisoo..." Jennie then brought Jisoo's hand into her chest so Jisoo could feel her rapidly beating heart "That's how my heart goes whenever I'm with you"

Jisoo cleared her throat, this girl is going to be the end of her. "As much as I want to feel your heart beating forever, I need to get back to work Jen"

That didn't go unnoticed by Jennie so she chuckled, she then guided the both of them to start walking still holding hands "I just asked you one date, Jisoo, and now you're thinking about forever"

"What – That's not what I meant!" Jisoo pouted and playfully hit Jennie on the shoulder with her free hand

"Ah! You can't take it back, because that's what I also want with you" Jennie winked at her

Jisoo rolled her eyes "Just keep walking"

After walking Jisoo back to her office, Jennie was smiling from ear to ear at how things turned out today when she suddenly bumped into someone she met a few days ago while she was on her way back to the open parking lot.

"Oh hey Jennie" the girl smiled

"Soojoo." Jennie nodded at the girl

"You seem happy, what brings you here?"

"I am, and I just had lunch with Jisoo"

"That explains the goofy smile" Soojoo nodded to herself "Speaking of my best friend, I heard that you like her and that you asked her out?" The girl asked.

Jennie sighed at the idea that almost everyone already knew about it. "I did, and if I may ask, how did you know about that?"