CHAPTER 6: THE CAR RIDE

AUTHOR'S POV 

**Starting from this chapter onwards, it will be in 3rd person POV**

Jennie called shotgun while Lisa sat at the back of the passenger seat. Jennie's car is an automatic Audi Q5 SUV and Jisoo couldn't be thankful enough since she's more comfortable driving an automatic car rather than a manual one.

They will be dropping Lisa first since they are using Jennie's car. Silence filled the car during the first few minutes of their ride as Jisoo was trying to focus on the road – well also because Jisoo didn't know what to discuss since she doesn't know Jennie and Lisa that much and she really didn't get to talk to them while they were in the club.

"Thank you for doing this for us" Jennie said finally breaking the ice.

"No worries, I don't have work tomorrow anyway and it's really dangerous to drive after drinking" Jisoo answered while her eyes were still focused on the road

"Yeah but you barely even know us and yet here you are helping us" Jennie's eyes are fixated on Jisoo even though the girl doesn't even spare her a glance.

"I'm like this to everyone, especially my friends" Jisoo shrugged

"So are you saying we're friends now?" Jennie couldn't help but form a smile

"Sure, I mean, you guys seem fun" Jisoo said finally giving Jennie a glance since the stopped on the red light. "And besides, Lisa and Rosie seem pretty close now" Jisoo looked at the rear view mirror to check what would Lisa's reaction be like only to find out that the girl was already asleep.

Jennie saw Jisoo look at Lisa through the rear view mirror so she went to look at her back to check on Lisa as well.

"Ugh, she does this all the time! She really likes sleeping in the car. Sorry about that" Jennie said while waiving her hand in frustration

"It's fine, it must be the alcohol" Jisoo said whose focus is now back on the road again.

Jennie found an opportunity to fish about Jisoo's thoughts in dating a girl while at the same time fish if Rosie would be open in dating a girl as well since she noticed that Lisa might have developed a slight crush on her.

"Since you've mentioned it, what do you think about Rosie and Lisa?" Jennie asked

"What do you mean exactly? Do you think Lisa likes Rosie... more than a friend?"

Jennie gulped at the question before answering "I don't know. I can't tell. But if she does, would you be fine with it? I mean, I know Rosie's your best friend"

Jisoo looked at the rear view mirror again to see sleeping Lisa's face. Jisoo sighed "Why wouldn't I be? I'm not sure if Rosie will like her back though, but if she does, then who am I to stop her happiness? BUT, Lisa should never hurt my best friend or she's a dead freakin' meat!"

Jennie giggled at the girl's response

"You really love you friends that much, huh?"

Jisoo looked at Jennie giving the girl a mild panic attack

"Of course. Family and friends are the two most important things in my life. I'd do anything and everything for them. I'd give my life up for them" Jisoo said with a serious tone.

"They're so lucky to have a friend like you. I'm so lucky to have known you" Jennie gave Jisoo a genuine smile

"I'm lucky to have my friends as well, they've helped me through a lot. I know I can count on them" Jisoo returned the smile to the other girl.

Jennie wanted to know that Jisoo can count on her too.

"Are we there yet?" A hoarse voice broke Jennie and Jisoo's stare

Stupid Lisa. Why interrupt now? Jennie thought to herself.

"Almost there" Jisoo took a quick glance at Lisa while grinning.

"Yeah why don't you go back to sleep? We're still around 5-10 minutes away before we reach your house" Jennie said while leaning over to her shoulders

Lisa blinked multiple times before she could even say anything

"You always get mad at me when I sleep while you're driving. What changed?" Lisa asked confusingly.

"Well, for one, I'm not the on driving now" Jennie giggled "Now shush, and go back to sleep"

"I don't want to! I didn't get to talk to Jisoo unnie, I'm sorry unnie I fell asleep" Lisa said while pouting

"It's alright, I understand, you had a lot to drink" Jisoo extended her right arm trying to reach the girl's head to pat.

"So Jisoo unnie, what do you and Rosie do when you're at home?" Lisa excitedly asked

Jisoo sighed. She thought the girl would actually take the time to ask her questions and get to know her, boy was she wrong. Jennie rolled her eyes at her best friend's question

"Normal stuff. You know like movie marathon, heart to heart talks, and more movie marathons"

"Okay, that house with a brown gate after the red car in front is this dumbass house" Jennie said cutting Jisoo and Lisa's conversation

"Haist! I was only able to ask Jisoo unnie a question once" Lisa sounded frustrated

"And whose fault is that?" Jennie gave Lisa a smirk

"Fine. Fine. There's always a next time right? There should be a next time! Us 4 again, just like tonight!" Lisa said poking Jisoo's right arm.

"Uhm Lisa, there were five of us who went out tonight" Jisoo said

"Haist! Same banana! Anyway thanks for driving us Jisoo unnie! Thank you for getting us home safely" Lisa gave Jisoo a genuine smile "Drive home safe! And good luck being alone with Jennie unnie" She continued before getting off the car.

"Yah! What do you mean by that?" Jennie protested

Lisa stuck her tongue out before closing the door.

"Let's get you home now!" Jisoo said while changing the gear from Netural to Drive.

"Jennie-ah, you should sleep, you can just put your home address on the GPS"

Jennie smiled. She can't even count the times she smiled during this whole car ride without having to force herself. She smiled a lot of genuine smiles in this car than most of her week.

"It's fine Jisoo. I want to talk to you more" Jennie was shocked of what came out from her mouth

"I... mean... I mean I don't want you to fall asleep. You know it's already late and you might get sleepy. I want to get home alive and I don't want any scratches on my car" Jennie managed to salvage herself. Boy was she good at damage control.

"I'll be fine; I'll get you and your car home safely. I don't get sleepy when I drive. Besides, I feel like I'm just boring you with my presence"

Jennie bit her cheek. The last thing she wants Jisoo to feel think is that she only cares about herself and her car.

"You're not boring me Jisoo. I'm actually having fun talking to you"

"That's 'cause you don't have a choice. I'm the only company you have in here" Jisoo chuckled

Jennie heaved a small laughed. Boy this girl has some trust issues.

"No." Jennie shook her head. "Even if you fit the 7 billion people inside this tiny car, I'd still choose to talk to you" Jennie smiled but this time she was looking infront

What Jennie said made Jisoo tilt her head in confusion. She doesn't know why but Jennie's statement made her heart flutter.