Chapter Four: The Party (Part 1)

JISOO'S POV

We arrived at the bar at exactly 8:30pm, just like what Rosie and Jennie had agreed upon. As it's a bit dark inside, I flinched my eyes trying to look for someone. I don't know how this Jennie girl looked like so I don't even know why I bother looking, but after a while, I saw Nayeon sitting on one of the couches near the right side of the bar area. I nudged at Rosie and pointed at the direction of Nayeon.

"Hi Nayeon!" Rosie and I said in unison.

"Hi Rosie! Hi Jisoo!" Nayeon said with excitement.

"Jisoo, how are you? It's been a while since I last saw you. How have you been?" Nayeon asked me leaning towards my left ear as it was kinda loud in the bar.

"I'm good, things are pretty much the sa-"

"Hi Rosie! Hi Nayeon" A girl greeted cutting me off

"Oh, Hi Jennie!" Nayeon said to the girl

So this is Jennie. I take my time looking at the girl. She's wearing an off shoulder blouse and a mini skirt. Wow, Rosie was right. This girl knows how to carry herself. After a few seconds, the girl looked at my direction. Afraid to get caught, I shifted my gaze and pretended to get the glass that was lying on the table.

"Hi Jennie! This is my best friend Jisoo. Jisoo, this is Jennie, one of our company's clients" Rosie said. And I looked up to meet their gaze.

"Hi Jisoo, I've heard so much about you" Jennie said giving me a friendly hug

"Everyone this is my best friend Lisa, Lisa meet Rosie, Nayeon, and Jisoo" Jennie said while pointing at each one of us.

JENNIE'S POV

Lisa and I arrived a little bit late since Lisa had a wardrobe malfunction, which isn't really a malfunction but more of she couldn't decide what to wear.

As soon as we entered the bar, I immediately saw Nayeon talking to a girl. I was already told that Nayeon was Bi but I didn't know she had a good taste with girls. The girl she's talking to is really pretty, even from a distance not to mention it was kinda dark.

"Hi Rosie! Hi Nayeon" I said as soon as we approached them.

"Oh, Hi Jennie!" Nayeon said

I wanted to take a good look at the girl Nayeon was talking to. She was pretty from a far but I wanted to see her face from up close. I smoothly glanced at the girl only to find out she was already looking at me. I must have caught her off guard as she started to look away and grabbed the glass of drink on the table.

"Hi Jennie! This is my best friend Jisoo. Jisoo, this is Jennie, one of our company's clients" Rosie said and Jisoo looked up to meet our gaze.

Oh, so this is her. This is the Jisoo that Rosie had been blabbering about. She's really pretty. No, she's gorgeous. No she's beyond pretty and gorgeous, she's ethereal.

"Hi Jisoo, I've heard so much about you" I said while giving her a friendly hug to appear casual.

Lisa coughed and it was a signal for me to introduce her. I totally forgot about Lisa because I was too busy trying to get a glimpse of Jisoo's beautiful face.

"Everyone this is my best friend Lisa, Lisa meet Rosie, Nayeon, and Jisoo" I said while pointing at each one of them.

"Hi Everyone! It's nice to meet you, so, who's up for some drinks tonight?" Lisa asked enthusiastically.

"Alright! I'll go get some drinks for everyone at the bar" Rosie initiated.

"Okay, I'll come with you and help you carry" Lisa offered.

Lisa gave me a nudge and whispered near my ear loud enough for me to hear despite the music but not loud enough for everyone to hear.

"She's really pretty Unnie, you're lucky. Now is your chance, go make your smooth Jennie moves" She said before trailing Rosie to the bar.

For some reason I can't explain, I find myself lost for words. I'm usually confident in flirting but I'm not this time. It's frustrating as I know I'm not being my usual self. At this point, I would normally be touching the girl or the guy I'm eyeing for the night but tonight, I couldn't even say a single word without worrying if I'll embarrass myself in front of Jisoo.

I see Nayeon asking Jisoo questions as if she's really interested in getting to know her, touching her hand or her shoulder every time she gets the chance to. Which brought me to ask

"So, do you guys normally hang out? I mean, are you in the same group of friends?" I asked them curious as to why Nayeon keeps on entertaining Jisoo. Hoping they're just close friends.

"Not really, though I've met Nayeon once before, but only once though, Rosie invited me as her plus one in their company's year-end party." Jisoo looking at me, smiling.

Wow, her smile is really pretty. Her lips are pretty. I found myself at a loss for words again. Damn it, Jennie. What's happening to you?

"You know what" Nayeon said, cutting me off from my thoughts.

"We should hang out more often" Nayeon said to Jisoo.

Now I get it, I've got some competition. This is very unusual to me as I didn't have to compete with anyone for someone's attention before. Aish! Why did I have to invite Nayeon into this party? I shouldn't have invited her.

"Yo guys what's up what's up?" Lisa cheered while carrying the drinks. Rosie behind her carrying glasses.

"Okay, for pre-game, let's all take one shot of tequila" Lisa said

"What? You call that pre-game? Tequilla?" Jisoo said looking a bit worried.

"Why? Are you worried you'll get drunk? Don't worry, we'll take care of ya, especially Jennie here who has a very high tolerance for alcohol" Lisa said giving me a nudge

"No, I have a very high tolerance myself even though I don't really enjoy drinking." She said, she looks like she's about to let out a laugh.

"I'm just worried about Nayeon here because the first and last time I hung out with her, she got drunk and started doing weird stuff" she said finally laughing.

"I remember!" Rosie joined Jisoo in teasing Nayeon while laughing.

"Yah! I said that's never going to happen again, but you know I wouldn't mind if it's Jisoo who's gonna be taking care of me again" Nayeon said then giving Jisoo a wink.

"Y-you took care of her when she got drunk?" I found myself asking. Why did I ask that? Why do I even bother? It must be because of the bet right? I've always been competitive so it must be it.

"I had to, everyone was a mess, Rosie was even a bit tipsy so I made sure Nayeon got home safely." Jisoo answered.

"But Nayeon, you've got to learn how to take care of yourself too, and know your limit, I won't always be here with you during parties you know" Jisoo said answering Nayeon's smooth line towards her earlier.

Okay, why am I super bothered by that? I took the shot glass, filled it with tequila and drank the first shot. I was still thinking about Jisoo taking care of drunk Nayeon so I filled the glass again and took a second shot. Everyone was surprised as they thought we would be taking the shots altogether.

"What? I can have more than two shots, right?" I said to them then I looked at Lisa who's giving me what's-wrong-with-you kind of look.