Chapter 25: The first date: Part 1

Jisoo has been staring at her closet for almost an hour already. She didn't know what to wear since she didn't have any idea where Jennie is taking her out for dinner. The only thing Jennie told her was that they are going out for dinner and that she should wear comfortable clothes.

"Unnie, did she at least tell you which restaurant you're going to eat at?" Rosie asked her seemingly panicked best friend

"No, I wouldn't be having this much trouble in choosing what to wear if I at least know where we're going. You know, I don't want to be overdressed nor underdressed for tonight"

"Hmm what about this?" Rosie handed Jisoo a short baby blue day dress

"This could work. Not cocktail dress or evening gown fancy and not t-shirt and jeans comfy" Jisoo nodded her approval

"What time is she going to pick you up?"

Jisoo glanced at the clock and it was currently a little past 6 in the evening "7:00pm"

"How are you feeling?" Rosie inquired genuinely concerned for her best friend

"Nervous. Scared. Excited. I don't know which one is dominating"

"That's understandable, it's your first time"

"What if this is a mistake Chaeng? I don't want to lose Jennie as a friend" Jisoo frowned

"Unnie" Rosie put both her hands on Jisoo's shoulders "do you like Jennie?"

Jisoo paused for a bit before nodding her head "I do but--"

"You think it might be a mistake?" Rosie finished the sentence for her best friend "You'll only know if it's a mistake once you've made the mistake unnie. Question is, are you willing to find out if it's a mistake or not?"

Jisoo was contemplating her best friend's question when her phone dinged

Jendeukie: I'm on my way, can't wait to see you xx

"Shit she's on her way, I really need to prepare now" Jisoo scrambled her stuff and brought everything with her to the bathroom

Rosie could only shake her head in disbelief, she has never seen her best friend like this, then again, she never even thought her best friend would go out on a date with anyone, ever. She thought life has a funny way of surprising us.

----------

Jennie arrived 10 minutes earlier than their agreed time. She was standing outside Jisoo's door, a bouquet of flowers in her hand. She waited for 5 more minutes before finally knocking on the door. After a few seconds, the door opened revealing an excited Rosie.

"Hi Jennie! You're early. Jisoo's still in her room, come in, I'll go get her"