Chapter 10: What are they exactly?

Jennie woke up when she felt her neck stiffened from their position. Jisoo and Jennie fell asleep while watching several Disney movies. Jennie doesn't want to complain though even if her neck hurts as she loves how Jisoo fell asleep in her arms, and the other girl's head buried in her neck. Jennie reached for her phone carefully as she didn't want to wake the other girl up. She frowned when she saw her parents looking for her as there were some serious business matters that she needs to address to. Working for a family business has its own pros and cons, Jennie sure handles her own time, but there are times like this where she will be called to handle some urgent matters regardless of what day and what time it is. Jennie didn't want to leave just yet especially when her heart is happy because of the mere presence of the other girl beside her but she knew she had to because she could already feel her mother's anger just by reading the text messages that the latter sent her.

Jennie carefully carried Jisoo to transfer her into her room and into her bed as she didn't want to wake her up. The problem is Jisoo and Rosie's apartment is a two-bedroom unit and she doesn't know which one is Jisoo's room. She wanted to text Rosie but she figured that since it's already 3:30 in the morning, the girl might already be asleep. Jennie took her chances and open the door near the bathroom. To her luck, she is certain that it was Jisoo's room as there were polaroids stuck on the wall just above the head rest of the bed and Jisoo was in each of the photos in the polaroid. Jennie carefully placed Jisoo on the bed not wanting to wake her up. The other girl just groaned and took a few twist and turn on the bed and Jennie felt a sigh of relief that Jisoo didn't wake up fully. She took her time to observe the other girl's room. Jisoo's room was neat, minimalist with a hint of hipster vibe in style. Polaroids are glued to her wall above her bed's head designed with Christmas lights, she has a study table and on the wall above the table there is a cockboard and letters from Jisoo's friends were pinned into it. The rest of the room were clean and neat.

Jennie took a piece of paper and pen from Jisoo's study table and wrote a letter to Jisoo before leaving the letter to the bedside table. She took another look at the sleeping girl and sighed before turning off the lights and closing the door as she really didn't want to leave just yet.

———

Jisoo woke up scanning her room, she was certain that she fell asleep on the couch last night with Jennie. She had a little memory of Jennie carrying her to her room but she thought it was merely a dream. Jisoo sat up on her bed when she saw a letter beside the lamp on her bedside table. She opened the letter and started reading the content of it.

Jisoo,

Good morning! I'm sorry I didn't get to properly say goodbye when I left because I had to attend some urgent matters from work. I hope you didn't mind but I carried you from the couch to your bed as I didn't want you to sleep uncomfortably. Thank you so much for last night, I genuinely had a good time watching movies with you. I'll see you again soon.

Jennie.

Jisoo was smiling from ear to ear as she was reading Jennie's letter. For some reason she can't explain herself yet, her lips would always involuntarily form a smile whenever she thinks of the latter. Her Saturday was definitely far from boring as what she initially thought it would be. In fact, it was the opposite. It was one of her happiest Saturdays that didn't involve much fun outdoor activities with her friends. She is definitely looking forward to seeing Jennie again soon.

———

A few days have passed since Jennie and Jisoo bonded at the latter's apartment. They have been in constant communication since then through texting and even facetiming at times. Rosie noticed the change in her best friend's behavior which brought herself to ask the older girl a question as they were eating dinner in their apartment.