Chapter 23: Bobby

It was another tiring yet boring day for Jisoo. As soon as they landed the same day in Jeju for their business trip, she wasn't able to take a rest. She and her boss just checked in their hotel rooms, left their luggage, then they went straight to their satellite office in Jeju. Jisoo had to go there to provide training with the team and to also streamline their process. So when she finally got into her room after a day full of meetings, she just texted Jennie goodnight then she fell asleep.

When Jennie woke up the next day, she immediately texted Jisoo good morning, and when she didn't get a respond right away, she figured the other girl must still be asleep. It's only been a day, but this long distance thing is already giving Jennie a hard time. They weren't able to communicate properly the day before because their schedules wouldn't match, and Jisoo's day was pretty much booked. Jennie understood though, it's work and she gotta respect that. She just really misses Jisoo quite terribly. When her phone chimed, she immediately checked it hoping it was Jisoo

Irene: U busy today?

Jennie was a bit disappointed to know it wasn't who she was expecting, but she replied to Irene nonetheless. After all, she's a friend.

To Irene: Not really, what's up?

Irene: Wanna grab lunch later?

To Irene: Sure, just let me know where you'd wanna meet

Irene: Cool. I'll text ya later

----------

"Is Jennie in a meeting right now?" Lisa asked Jennie's assistant Gina when she saw Jennie's office door was closed. She had no problems barging into Jennie's office, but she didn't wanna do it when the older girl is in a meeting.

"No, I think she's just really busy"

"Mm 'kay, thanks, Gina"

Without another word, Lisa went straight into Jennie's office. The older girl didn't look up from her laptop screen when Lisa entered the office, she just continued working, somehow knowing who it was who entered.

"What do you want?"

"Ooohh, somebody's cranky. Didn't have a good sleep?"

"Why are you here Manoban?"

Lisa feigned hurt, "Why, am I not welcome here anymore?"

Jennie rolled her eyes "You know that's not what I meant.... So what brings you here?"

"I was just gonna ask if you want to get lunch with me. Chaeyoung's doing oculars right now for your launch party and I can't really bug her"