Anemoia

Previously on "Metanoia"

"Anything"

Erebus's POV

Erebus's POV

The wounds, the injuries, they have a way of boosting the most primitive parts of me and silencing the best. I am a stubborn one. Stubborn in all the best ways. I develop me. I say who I become.

The wound was open again and it stung like hell. Black fluid oozed out of the open skin, trickling down the bare expanse of my torso. The inky colour of my blood. The blood that was supposed to be ruby in colour had acquired the depth of ravenous black.

The hungry scar on my right pectoral was a constant reminder of the dire curse that I bore. With every passing day the wound aggravated as it slowly tore open the patched skin. It wasn't easy to act strong and powerful when I was constantly burning in the raging fire of pain and atrocity. It wasn't easy to conceal the burning ache....but I had to bear it because I was the one who asked for it.

From the beginning of my childhood I had always been a curious soul, I always had the desire to learn about new things, to explore and test my limits. Back then I wasn't Erebus the Lord of corruption and darkness...
I was just Erebus. A small curious and inquisitive soul. A little young man whose heart wasn't filled with malice....but with love.

Growing up I had always been intrigued by the idea of open water.. the ocean. The roots of my bedtime stories always revolved around the thrilling sea adventures and tales about the daughters of the sea.

The hypnotic allure of their voices...the melody of their song.
I wanted to know more about them. I wanted to learn about them. Were they real? Did they truly exist? Maybe they did didn't they?

I was so lost in my quest to make my wish come true that even for once I didn't think about the consequences of my decision

I knew what my parents did was wrong. I knew they were wrong. They committed a grave sin....b-but they were still my parents. They were the only people I had in this world. The only arms that I had to throw myself into. The people who meant the world to me.