Donna Beneviento x Reader

I've exhausted myself

   "Another doll?" You questioned out loud picking it up.

   This doll had a stitched smile, beady eyes, and a straw hat resting on its head. The threaded hair was brown as well as it's boots. It carried a note with it hidden in it's pocket of the overalls it wore. You took it out excited to read it.

   These messages have been sent through different dolls. Some would stay others would be gone the next day. You enjoyed these notes since they always were from a secret admirer and it made you joyous that someone was interested in you.

  You opened the note gently, unfolding it. The words in each of the notes you received were always so careful. They made you feel like you could do no wrong. Although creepy, this person knew you better than anyone else in town and you're sure you've never met them.

  This note spoke a little more urgently then the others. Perhaps this person was in a rush? They always seemed so calm but the messy hand writing and the almost scribbled cursive made you concerned. When you got to the end of the note you spotted a little ink blotch that looked like a child's shoe ran over the paper. Confused you flipped to the back. You found nothing.

"Hmm..." You wondered. Did this person have a child? Did it step in the ink they used to write this note? You chuckled lightly at the idea, finding it cute.

  You were quick to get your own piece of paper and start righting a letter to the person, bringing the doll up to your desk so it almost peers over what you write.

You glanced up at the doll occasionally, swearing it blinked but you thought you were just seeing things. You smile at the finished note letting the ink dry before folding and tucking it into the dolls pocket.

"Who are these notes from?" You asked out loud.

"Angie..please calm down." Donna sighed trying to get ahold of her doll.

  "No way! When were you going to tell me you were sending letters to a mysterious lady?!" Angie scream asked.

"...She's not that mysterious." Donna could say that again. She knew almost everything about you through your activities and letters. The dolls she allowed you to keep were always there to help watch you.

"How long have you been sending these letters?" Angie asked.

"Not long...about 6 to 7 months." Donna replied.

"'Not long' she says! That's half a year Donna!" Angie whined. "I could've helped you out!"

"I'm sorry Angie. It was much easier to send letters than to talk to her." Donna responds. "I would like your help now if you wouldn't mind."

"Hmph!" Angie harrumphs, grumbling. "...Fine."

  "Thank you Angie." Donna says.

   Donna turns her head as the doll she sent this morning wobbles into the room, struggling to walk over to Donna. She's quick to get up and grab the doll rummaging in its overalls for a note. She smiles triumphantly opening the note to read your reply.

  "Gee Donna you really like this girl huh?" Angie remarks.

  "Mm." She replies.

  "What she say?" Angie asks.

  "Nothing above the ordinary...she's very sweet though." Donna responds.

"Can I meet her?" Angie questions.

"You mean face to face?" Donna says quickly. "Absolutely not! How would she react if she saw me? You know what they say about me in that village!"

"Yeah well if she doesn't like you then so what?! I'll bite her ankles!" Donna sighs.

"I just don't want her to be disappointed that it's me." Donna shared.

"Why don't you ask her to meet you next week?! It'll give you time to mentally prepare." Angie exclaimed.

Donna shifted in her stance, unsure.

"Come on Don! You got this! If she's as great as you think than she'll be happy no matter who you are." Angie cheered.

"Fine...I'll ask her." Donna said lacking confidence in her speech.

  Her hands tremble as she writes. What would she say? Would she be disgusted? Or maybe disappointed? Would she stop writing me? Would she ask me to stop writing to her? Oh no....

"It'll be okay Donna. I'm sure she won't mind." Angie stated.

Donna let out a shaky breath before she started to fold the note and put it back into the pocket of the doll she had delivered to you this morning.

"I hope so."

  —

I've been feeling very depressed lately and alone. I've lost motivation.