Maki Zenin x Reader

Requested by Liannianyurism
(Not spell or grammar checked)

Requested by Liannianyurism (Not spell or grammar checked)

"Gah!" Nobara let's out as you move to the side, dodging her attack, and than tripping her with your foot.
  "Good job Y/n." Panda says. "You've really gotten better and being aware of people's attacks."
"Thanks Panda." You reply.
"A little help would be nice!" Nobara yelled and you put your hand out for her to grab.
"Sorry, Nobara." She nodded, muttering out a whatever, pulling herself up, than dusting herself off.
"Good job Y/n." You hear a voice behind you, smiling before you try and look in her direction.
"Thanks Maki." Maki was someone you respected, she was someone you wanted to impress, hearing words of praise from her was just wonderful. You were strong there wasn't a doubt about that and you admired Maki's strength too. She was just someone you didn't want to disappoint and if she was dissatisfied with your performance it made you strive to try harder.
  "One more round before we call it quits?" Maki questions.
"Salmon." Inumaki nods.
"Come on Y/n, It's me verse you." Maki says.
Oh fuck...One thing you liked about training was the chance to train with Maki or talk to her, but the thing is going up against her meant she wasn't going to go easy.
"Okay." You agreed anyway.
  Maki hums getting into position while the others partnered up and fought amongst themselves.
  You were always the one who was treated as unequal, an easy opponent, someone not even worth fighting with if you couldn't see. Pity, they pitied you, but Maki didn't.
Guhhh...stop thinking about her. You got yourself in a position. Being blind may have disabled your sight but not senses. You had remarkable senses. You could sense when someone was about to hit you, when someone was coming at you or who was coming at you.
  You used the ground as a reliable source to discover their attacks and used the air motion they used before bringing an attack towards you.
Really people underestimate you when they shouldn't. You could have someone on their ass in 3 seconds if you tried and-
  You gasp as you feel Maki attack quickly with her staff, you had dodged just in time, not a second sooner you would've been hit.
She attacks again and again and again. You couldn't find an opening, she was so quick, but you are quick to dodge.
  You put your arms up blocking your face as she staff comes down hitting them. You make a quick attempt to grab her staff and pulling it away from her tossing it off in the distance.
  Just when you think you have the upper hand a hand grabs your wrist and pulls you over her shoulder landing you right on the ground on your back. It leaves you breathless, literally. You suck in air quickly before moving to dodge another of Maki's attacks.
"Owww!" You turn your head in the direction of the voice.
  "That's enough for today guys." Everyone sighs some in relief and some in exhaustion.
"Come on Itadori, let's go get you some ice." Megumi mumbles, everyone walks off.
  "Here." Maki puts her hand out and you reach for it after a couple of tries you finally grab it and she helps you up.
  You two stay silent, it's awkward.
"Good job today." Maki compliments.
"Haha...really? I mean you had me on my back in just the couple minutes of us fighting." You reply. "Pent up anger?"
"More like stress." She responds.
"Over what?" You ask.
"School." She replies quickly. Maki stressed over school? That sounds like a myth.
  "Oh." But you don't push. "Okay. Well see you tomorrow." You laugh a little as you begin to walk off.
"Y/n- wait." You stop in your tracks as you look back at her.
"Yeah?" You question.
She stays silent, you get a little antsy waiting for her reply.
"What's wrong Maki?" You wonder. This was unlike her, usually she's so well spoken, what's got her tongue tied?
She sighs, she's trying to find the right words.
"Mm..." She lets out. "You impress me."
"H-huh?" Your eyes furrow in confusion, but you felt flustered.
"You impress me...and I can't believe I'm saying this, but..." Why is she acting like this?!
"Would you like to go out...with me?" Your head feels like it just explodes as your heart leaps out of your chest. WHAT?!
You stare shocked, she wasn't acting like herself because she got worried about asking you out?!
"Y-yeah." You answer before you think.
"Yes?" She questions.
"Of course I would." You reply.
"Okay...see you." And than you hear her footsteps walk off.
  When you think you hear her walk far off you bounce for joy. The usual Maki Zenin who was so head strong and straightforward acting this way because of you. You dance unable to keep your emotions underneath.
   You hear a laugh.
Fuck. Not far enough for her to not see the little dance of joy you did.

I didn't know how to end this.