We moved in twos, clearing each section before moving on to the next one. The warehouse was relatively empty. It looked like whoever was there, packed up and left in a hurry.

However, something about the emptiness did not sit right with me. As we passed through, we saw that there were a few gun crates that were left empty, and a few half-emptied crates with explosives.

"Forensic will have a field day in here."

Olly was my second. They paired us together because we were already partners, and we worked well together. All of the rooms we checked so far were empty. Henry radioed in to ask our position. We told him that it was all clear, and we only had the last two rooms to sweep.

The two rooms were connecting. Olly and I looked at each other, we knew that we had to check them separately. We couldn't risk alerting them to our presence if they were still in the room. We would be able to call the other one for help if needed.

Olly signalled for me to take the room on the right, and he'd take the one on the left. I nodded my head and mouthed for him to stay safe. He smiled and winked at me.

As I entered the room, I was greeted by Kilian and two other guys. They all turned, guns raised and pointed at me. I was so startled that I just stood there. However, my mind jumped into action because I knew that Olly would come looking for me if I didn't clear the room.

The two guys were staring at me like they've seen a ghost, but I didn't care because I was focus on Killian. He narrowed his eyes at me, giving me a hard look. I instantly knew what he was thinking. He thought that I somehow betrayed him.

I shook my head as if to tell him that I didn't. He signalled for the other two guys to put their guns down. The older guy did, but the one closer to Killian's age, kept it aimed at me.

"I said, put the f**king gun away, Mik!"

The words were spoken softly, but with command. Mik frowned but eventually dropped his hand. However, he didn't put his gun away like the older guy did.

"What are you doing here, Lacey?"

I heard him, but I didn't answer. Instead, I put my finger to my lips, telling him to be quiet. I turned to look behind me to see if Olly was coming. I knew that I didn't have much time.

"My partner is in the next room. He's going to be here any minute."

I wanted to stay and answer his question, if not only to get rid of that suspicious look in his eyes. But I couldn't. I needed to clear the room.

"I've got to clear this room, if not, this place will be swarming with federal agents, and you will not be able to get out."

I looked at him, pleading with my eyes, hoping that he understood and trusted me enough to protect him. After a few long seconds, he nodded his head. Mik looked at him like he was crazy, throwing his hands up and rolling his eyes.

I blew out a breath of relief and smiled. My radio that was connected to my earpiece, had a mic on it. I pushed the mic button, and I cleared the room.

"Clear. Nothing here but empty boxes."

Henry's voice boomed in my ear. "Roger, Agent Malcroft. The place seems to be empty, let's meet back at the rendezvous point."

"Okay, boss."

I turn the frequency of the radio to Olly and spoke. My eyes were still on Killian, and he was still keenly looking at me, but with a hint of amusement.

"Olly, are you there? I've got nothing here, what about you?"

"Same here, just more evidence for the nerds to play with."