I shook my head, wondering for the millionth time how he even got his job. A conversation with Henry always leaves you confused, and with more questions than answers. In fact, I don't think Henry has ever answered any of my questions, or anyone else's for that matter.

Olly chuckled, "You walked right into that."

I smiled, "Yeah, I guess I did."

"So, you're the famous Mrs Lighthouse."

I turned, frowning at the newcomer. I had to tilt my head back and look up because the person standing in front of me was well over six feet tall. I've never seen him before. I was sure that I would have remembered if I did. But then again, my memory wasn't what it used to be after the accident.

"It's Agent Malcroft. Agent Lacey Malcroft."

My tone was harsh, with a hard edge to it. I didn't mean to sound rude, but I really hated it when people associated me with Richard. I wanted to be known for my accomplishments, not because I was married to Richard.

"My bad, Agent Malcroft. I'm Agent Magee, but you can call me Jax."

He offered me his hand, but I never got the chance to take it because Richard walked over to us.

"You're needed over at the planning station, Agent Magee."

Jax chuckled, looking from Richard to me. He shook his head then walked away leaving us there.

"I'll catch you later, Lacey."

Olly also walked off. I didn't feel like being left alone with Richard; not when I was about to go on my first real field mission.

"Where the hell were you, Peaches?"

His voice was low, but I heard the threat in it. He was warning me not to lie. I stayed silent because I hadn't fully thought up a plausible excuse. However, not one to be ignored, he grabbed my upper arm, digging his fingers into my skin.

I winced. We were in the office, and I didn't want anyone to notice so, I decided to answer him.

"I was following a lead for one of my cases."

He eyed me suspiciously, "What lead? Which case?"

Pulling my arm away from him, I stepped back. Just out of his reach. "I was doing my job, Richard, nothing else."

My tone was harsh, but I was tired of the way he treated me. Technically we were separated. I considered our marriage over, but he refused to let me go.

He stepped closer to me. leaning down until his lips were at my ear. The act was very intimate and probably looked like we were being romantic. However, his words were anything but.

"Continue, Peaches. Keep your attitude up and you'll find yourself naked and under me as I f**k some respect back into you. And trust me, darling, I won't let your stupid panic attack get in the way. I won't stop until I get my due."

I swallowed the lump that was suddenly lodged in my throat. He stepped back and smirked at me. Happy to see that he had gotten to me.

"Lacey, get over here. I don't have all day, Agent."

"Yes, sir."

I turned and walked away from Richard, all the while wondering if I should take Killian up on his offer.

**********

When we arrived at our destination, we went over the plan of action one last time and were given our orders. Apparently, the people inside the building were dangerous criminals, who would not hesitate to kill us. Our orders were to detain as many of them as possible but shoot to kill if faced with possible danger.