The One Where He Slips

Start from the beginning

"You like singing." Jisung simply said.

"Yeah I do."

"Yeah"

There was thick silence filled with confusion from Minho and absolutely no readable emotion from Jisung.

After a moment, Jisung stood up and left the music room, leaving Minho convinced that they would never have a normal conversation.

-

With half the school high out of their minds, the day went by less than smoothly. And the group of 6 boys each had their own internal dilemma.

Felix was home feeling very confused about whether or not Jisung was angry at him, and 100% rethinking his decision to kiss Minho in the first place.

Jeongin was upset that singing club was canceled and he wondered if it was because Minho was still upset by the morning's events.

Seungmin and Chan both were trying to keep peace between all the boys.

Minho had almost forgotten about the interaction with Jisung in the music room, but had a nagging feeling that him and the younger would clash again soon.

Jisung was confused as to why he went to check if Minho was alright when he didn't enjoy the boy's presence and honestly found him to be very very boring. Possibly a little dense too.

After discussing with Seungmin, Chan decided to go through with his sleepover idea, without Jisung's permission. He texted each of the boys and all responded within minutes, all saying yes.

Chan then made his way to where Jisung was standing in the hallways.

"School is out why are you standing here?"

"Shh come listen."

"What??"

Jisung pressed his ear up against a door, the music room door, and gestured for Chan to do the same. A beautiful voice penetrated their ears, singing Me After You. Chan didn't recognize who it was at first, and so he looked at Jisung and waited for him to explain. Jisung simply mouthed "Minho" and went back to listening.

Chan was double shocked. First after hearing Minho's voice, and second after watching Jisung seemingly glue himself to the door to hear more.

Chan pulled Jisung off the door and got his attention.

"So I came hear prepared for you to be upset by what I have to say but now I have no idea how you'll react."

"Okay tell me but like hurry up because the song is almost done and I still want to hear it but I also refuse to still be here when he walks out of that room."

"Right okay. I invited him to that sleepover I was talking about."

"Cha-"

"He's coming. And you already said yes. And you're bringing the snacks. So you'll have to be there. You don't have to speak to him if you don't want to."

"Can we go to a karaoke room?"

"... Now?"

"No, at the sleepover."

"I mean sure."

"Alright cool. Now either shoo or be quiet."

"I'm leaving I'm leaving," Chan said with his hands in the air.

Jisung went back to the door, disappointed to hear nothing coming from inside the music room. He waited a bit longer, permanently ready to bolt if he heard Minho approaching the door.

He jumped at the sound of a chair being scraped across the floor. Then there was shuffling of papers and suddenly a loud bang and a grunt from Minho.

"Ah fucking hell," Minho mumbled from inside.

Jisung was too curious to not open the door. He took a few quiet steps down the hallway, and then purposefully walked as loud as possible to the door and opened it while looking down, attempting to seem as natural as he could, as though he meant to come here to do something.

He looked up to see a Minho in a chair, but horizontal, on the ground. His hair falling in all directions and his arms spread out. He looked at Jisung with a blank expression, muttering something before looking up at the ceiling from his amusing position on the ground.

"What?" Jisung asked him to repeat.

Minho turned to him and purposefully pronounced each syllable very clearly. "It's ac-tua-lly rather com-fortable down here."

"Oh"

Minho rolled over and stood up, picking up the chair and putting it in front of the piano again. He turned to Jisung. "What are you here for?"

Jisung didn't think this part through. What am I here for? Good question. I guess I wanted to see what the hell you were doing. Not that I care you friend stealing piece of sh- OH YEAH! Yeah that's why I'm here that's exactly what I want to talk about.

"See you on Friday."

"Yeah... Did you come here to say that?"

No. "Yeah"

"Okay. Yeah I'll see you there. What should I bring?"

"We're going karaoke"

"Oh okay cool."

"You have to sing."

"I mean yeah that's what karaoke is."

"Good"

"Did you think i wouldn't sing at karaoke?" Minho laughed. "That would be so boring."

Well you are boring- "Yeah"

"Why are you so-"

"Kay bye"

Jisung turned and left the room. Minho once again lost and confused, but beginning to get used to Jisung's actions.

He sat in front of the piano staring at the keys again.

Jisung peeked through the window just one more time to see Minho in the same position he found him earlier that day.

Why doesn't he ever actually play? He just stares. Not that i care.

He left the hallway and walked towards the school gates, heading home.

-

Minho packed up his papers and exited the music room, heading home. He was stopped by a strong hand and he knew exactly who it was without having to turn.

"Chan I'm actually kinda late."

"Yeah why are you here? You're usually the first person out."

"I just wanted to do something in the music room quickly."

"Did Jisung give you a hard time?"

"Hmm?" Minho raised his eyebrows confused. At this point he felt like confused is his default setting. (a/n Lee doesn't Know)

"He went to speak to you didn't he?"

"Uhhh yeah he just said 'you have to sing' and left. Like there was more but that's really the only important thing he said."

Chan laughed loud, now understanding why Jisung wanted to go to karaoke. "Okay cool I'm glad. Can't wait. Your voice is amazing dude."

"Chan you've never heard me sing."

Oh shit Chan don't spill Jisung will kill you. Think think think!

"Gotta go," he said before turning and walking in the wrong direction.

Minho let him be. Getting used to everyone being so damn odd.