40. What's Wrong With You?

[Y/N POV]

It's been a week since I stayed at home and my friends often visited me after school but Jay, he visited me every day. He always brought me food and took care of me until my mom came home. Today, he came with my other friends but when they decided to leave, Jay told them that he would stay here for a while, but what's wrong with him? "are you going to school tomorrow?" Jay asked me. "Yes. I can't wait for it. I have been missing gone to school so much" I told him full of excitement. "Glad that you have recovered this fast" he said and ruffled my hair. "Jay, can I ask you something?" I asked him and he looked at me while smiling. "Sure, just ask me anything you want until you're satisfied" He said and chuckled. "Why you always protect and take care of me?" I asked him and he just shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know too" he said and then my mom entered the house. "Ah, you're still here, Jay?" She asked Jay. "I'm about to leave, mam" he replied my mom. "Do you want to have dinner with us before you go home?" my mom offered him. "Thank you for the offered mam, but I think I should go home now. I'll come here again next time" He said and bowed to my mom. My mom took Jay to the main door, after I heard the main door had shut, my mom came back and asked me. "What happened to both of you?" "What do you mean?" I asked her. "Why he seemed sad?" my mom asked me again. "I don't know, I didn't do anything to him" I answered my mom and she just sighed.

.

.

.

[Jay POV]

How come she still didn't realize that I've fallen in love with her? Did all my efforts not enough for her? What should I do? I was so sad when she asked me why I always protected and took care of her. I thought she has realized that I like her but I think she still doesn't know about it. What should I do?

.

.

.

.

[Time Skip-School]

[Y/N POV]

"Y/N" Yura called my name and ran to me happily. "Finally, you have come back. I miss you so much" She said while hugging me tightly. "I cannot breath" then she released the hug. "Me too, I have missed you so much" I said. "Hey, do you want to know what you have missed when you haven't come to school?" Yura said while linked our hands together. "What's that?" I asked her slightly curious. "Bora and her minions had been dropped out from school" she said and I was shocked. "How? And why?" I asked her. "ENHYPEN members reported her to the principal and the next day she was dropped out. So, you don't have to worry about her anymore" she said and I was settled after I heard about that. "And do you want to know, what else she had done?" She said again. "What?" I asked her. "She had done a very big sin. Do you still remember Sandara? The girl that I've told you before?" she asked me before she continued the story and I just nodded. "We finally know what had happened to her. Actually, Sandara was killed by Bora. Bora thought Sandara was trying to seduce Jay but she was wrong, Sandara actually Jay's cousin and after Jay knew that Bora was the one who killed Sandara, Jay couldn't forgive her. Jay never spread the news, although he has known this news since a long time ago. But after what she had done to you, Jay couldn't forgive her anymore and spread the news all over the school. Bora was suffered a lot because the whole school started to hate her and no one wanted to go near her" After Yura finished told me the whole story, I was aghast. I never imagined before the school queen could kill an innocent girl just because of a boy. "I think Jay likes you, Y/N" Yura told me. "Stop saying nonsense thing" I told her. "He even announced you as his girlfriend and he has never been caring to a girl before but it's different when he's with you" Yura kept saying that Jay likes me. "He protects me because he just assumes me as his friend. That's all" I said and before she could say something I cut her by changing the topic "How about you? Have you dated Heeseung oppa?" "Um.... Actually, it's still a secret but because you're my bestie, I don't mind telling you. And yes we have been dating for almost 1 month" She said happily. "Really? So, am I the only one who knows about this?" I asked her. "Actually, no. The ENHYPEN members have found out before we announced to them" She said while scratching the back of her neck. "Ofc, you guys are too obvious" I said and the two of us laughed together.

.

.

[Author POV]

Jay has been taking care of Y/N and protect her all the time. In the beginning, it was just a normal feeling, such as a male friend who wanted to be a gentleman by protecting his friend but later the feeling has been growing rapidly inside Jay's heart, from a normal feeling to become love. But this dumb and thick-skulled girl still has no idea about that. Although Y/N actually has developed a mutual feeling with Jay, she still keeps it a secret for herself. She never shows her friends that she likes Jay as well. Will both Y/N and Jay become a couple or remain as friends?