Chapter Thirty Five

Amara's POV

When I returned home, my father ran DNA tests on the blood Luca put all over my body.

Of course, they came back positive and my father couldn't have been more proud.

Currently, we are celebrating in our grand room with members of the mafia and my friend group, everyone raised their glasses toward me as my father made an announcement.

"My daughter was able to kill Luca Peretti, the heir to the Italian mafia." My father shouted toward the crowd, putting one arm over my shoulder and holding me close.

"And I couldn't be more proud." He said, smiling down at me. I knew my father very well, and if I didn't smile back, I would be in big trouble. So that's what I did, I put a large smile on my face as I looked toward the crowd, memories of the drug heist coming back to me. The only difference, Luca wouldn't be showing up any time soon.

I walked off the stage, toward Derek, Jack, and Alec. I haven't seen Mason since the night he told my father about what he saw in the club bathroom, and I couldn't be more happier.

They all gave a sad smile to me, patting me on the back as I reached them.

"I know that was hard for you." Derek whispered in my ear, "You are very brave."

I gave him a smile, then ingulfing him in a big hug, his strong arms wrapping around me.

"Where is Mason?" I said, pulling away from Derek.

"The last I saw him was this morning, he says your father is making a big announcement later on.

"Oh." Is all I could say, and I had a feeling it was something to do with him taking over my mafia.

We talked with more people as the night went on. I kept on downing drinks left in right for the sickening pain in my chest.

"Look, there's Mason." Alec said to us, pointing toward the stage where Mason and my father shook hands.

"What an asshole." I said, taking a sip from the glass in my hand.

"I think that's enough." Jack told me, quickly taking the alcohol from my hands. I gave him a glare as he put it down, desperate for the drink.

"God, he's coming to us." I said, straightening my back.

He gave a nod toward the group of boys beside me and then turned his attention toward me, a smile on his face.

"Great work last night, Amara," he started. "I'm happy you were able to get the job done."

"Yes, it was quite easy." I gritted out.

"I would imagine. Seems as though daddy's boy doesn't know too much about how to defend himself." he chuckled, and I wanted to strangle him right there.

He looked back at my father who was walking on stage for a second time.

"It was nice talking to you, but I must go." He said, taking off toward the corner of the room.

My father tapped the microphone, gathering everyone's attention as he stood on stage.

"I would like to make a second announcement tonight." He smiled.

"It is a great honor to announce that my daughter is now engaged." He said as the crowd clapped.

I looked over toward the group and pure shock was etched upon their faces.

"Please welcome, my daughter Amara and her fiancé, Mason!"

A/N- 36K! Thank you guys so much! I would also like to say sorry for the short chapters, I've been busy lately. :)

-Z