Chapter Twenty Nine

Amara's POV

The music blared from inside as we arrived to the club. You could see the lights flashing from the outside, it's colours blinding me as Alec pulled up.

Being in the mafia had it's perks, one being able to get in front of the line at special clubs. And that's what exactly happened. We walked up to the guard, the line trailing far behind us as we reached him. He instantly stepped aside, allowing us to enter the dark building.

The room felt sweaty as we walked through, people dancing and jumping while we walked past.

This will be good for me. I need this.

That is what I told myself as we reached the bar, Mason's voice yelling over the loud music to order our drinks.

He ordered us vodka shots and I felt my throat burn as I threw the glass back into my mouth, shaking off the intense substance.

I ordered myself some random drink I saw off the menu and walked back to the dancefloor, the rest of the group trailing close behind me.

As I sipped my drink, I felt myself become looser, the alcohol finally reaching my system, making me feel more confident as I danced with a guy I never met before, his hands on my hips as we swayed to the beat of the music.

I couldn't help but feel pleasure as his lips attached to my neck, making me grab the back of his and pull him closer.

But then he was thrown off of me, Mason replacing his hands on my body, his sweet breath whispering in my ear as a new song played and I moaned when his lips pressed against my sensitive part on my skin, my eyes closing as his hands traveled around my hips.

This will be good for me. I need this.

I repeated to myself again, opening my eyes once more. I scanned the back of the room, the clouds of smoke making a thick barrier through the air.

My eyes finally adjusted and I looked again, my eyes trailing over towards one group in particular.

I couldn't see their faces clearly, but my gaze snagged on one person, his eyes already on me as Mason pulled me against him tightly, his front pressed directly on my behind.

Shivers went down my spine as we didn't break eye contact, their eyes burning deep into my soul.

Mason flipped me over, my eyes detaching from the man as my lips connected with Mason's. I kissed him back, hard, pulling him closer by his shirt collar.

I didn't notice when he pushed me into the bathroom, locking the door behind him as he attached his lips on mine again.

"I've been wanting to do this for a long time." He told me, his kisses traveling down my neck.

I moaned as his lips reached my sweet spot again, his tongue swirling around it as he kept my hips in place, his large hands spread across them.

Gun shots suddenly fired from outside, and Mason detached himself from me. He lifted his shirt and grabbed his gun, giving me one long kiss on the lips before moving away from me.

"Stay here." He said, "I'll be back."

I could hear more gun shots ring out as I went to the mirror, my hair a mess now from Mason's hands.

The door opened again and a look of surprise filled my features. Why was Mason back so early?

"Mason, what happe-" I didn't finish my sentence as I saw the person closing the door, and my body froze. I felt like I couldn't breathe.

"Hello, Amara. Or should I say traitor?"