T H I R T Y - O N E

Start from the beginning

"What's the special occasion?" I asked in surprise as I noticed all my favorite food was being prepared.

Instead of answering my question verbally, Nevah moved over to the other side of the kitchen.

Turning around to face me once again, I spotted an envelope in her hand.

"This came in the mail for you," Nevah said with an excited grin before handing it over.

Peering down at the sealed envelope in my hand I flipped it over to see where it was from.

A gasp almost slipped from my lips as I spotted the Julliard logo.

"Julliard," I whispered in disbelief.

Looking back up at Nevah I noticed she was practically bouncing on the balls of her feet in excitement.

"Is that why you cook all of my favorite food," I said putting the pieces all together.

A nod from Nevah confirmed my statement.

"But, what if I don't even get in," I whispered lightly, a feeling of sadness bubbling with me.

"Don't you dare! Julliard would be out of their mind not to accept you, you're a phenomenal dancer!" Nevah exclaimed.

"Besides, if they didn't accept you it's their loss. Besides what better way to drown in your sorrows besides with food." She stated.

"But, we don't have to worry about that because I have no doubt in my mind that they accepted you," Nevah reassured, giving my shoulder a gentle squeeze.

Soaking in her words I smiled slightly in appreciation.

"Thanks, Nevah," I said gratefully to have her here.

"If you don't mind, I rather open this letter by myself," I stated.

Nevah nodded in understanding, stating that whenever I was ready to share the news they'll be here.

With one last smile in her direction, I made my way out back to the treehouse.

Once my butt touched the couch I released a sigh.

This is it

Everything I've worked for has to lead up to this moment.

Looking down at the envelope within my shaking hands, anxiety pooled at the bottom of my stomach, a feeling of nausea rushing over me.

"I can't do this," I whispered out placing the envelope beside me on the couch.

Without thinking I pulled out my phone contacting the only person I knew would be able to calm me down right now.

"Hey,"

They greeted on the other line.

"I got a letter from Julliard," 

I said, getting straight to the point, not even bothering with a proper greeting in return.

"I'll be over in ten,"

That was all they said before hanging up the phone.

___

True to his words Myles arrived ten minutes later.

The moment his figure stepped into the treehouse, I rose from my seat, my feet heading over to him.

Taking note of my shaky hands and anxious-filled eyes, Myles immediately pulled me into his warm embrace.

I buried my head deep into his chest as my arms wrapped tightly around his midsection.

Myles rubbed his hand up and down my back, easing the tension within me.