S E V E N T E E N

A groan fell from my lips as the ringing of my alarm reminded me that it was Monday, and sadly I have to go to school

"Only a couple more months Jess," I grumbled to myself before tumbling off my bed due to my legs being entangled in my sheets.

My body hitting the floor with a loud thump.

"ARE YOU OKAY," I heard my sister yell from downstairs.

"JUST PEACHY!" I yelled back though I knew if my mother was home she would lecture us about yelling in the morning and how we are disturbing the neighbors.

Rising from the floor I stretched out my limbs and placed my fallen sheets back onto the bed before heading over to the bathroom to get ready.

Half an hour later I exited the bathroom dressed in my uniform, the delicious smell of food hitting my nose.

The benefit of having a sister who is a professional chef is incredible food all the time.

I quickly slicked my hair into a low bun, slipped on a pair of black converses, and grabbed my bag, the desire to fill my stomach outweighing the need to make sure my appearance more than decent.

"Good morning," I sang as I entered the kitchen.

I expected to just see Nevah in the kitchen as my mother wasn't home.

But, much to my surprise and delight, there was another presence in the kitchen that made my face light up like a kid in the candy store.

"Noah," I said in both shock and awe.

"In the flesh," He said before spreading his arms wide open.

Immediately I threw myself at him laughing as he spun me in the air.

Noah has always been the older brother I never had, always looking out for me and always there to protect me.

"Put me down," I squealed as he laughed, shaking his head in refusal.

I spotted Nevah by the stove who looked at the two of us with amusement.

I sent her a look of help making her roll her eyes.

"Alright! Alright! Stop it you two, or no one is getting a piece of my delicious nutella pancakes," Nevah said.

Immedetialy Noah dropped me, making me fall directly on my butt.

"Ow," I groaned in pain as Noah sent me a sheepish look before giving me his hand.

Once I was off the floor, I dusted off my clothes before taking a seat on one of the stools.

"Thank you," I said giving Nevah a grateful smile as she placed a plate of food in front of me.

My smile widened as I watched Noah plant a kiss on Nevah's cheek his arms wrapping around her waist as they made their own plates together.