E I G H T

"First game of the season, baby!" Lance said an excited grin on his face as he took a seat next to Malia

A couple of weeks have flown by and it was now the start of February, meaning it was the start of lacrosse season.

We were currently in the cafeteria having lunch, with Lance, West, and myself now sitting with the girls.

At first, I didn't want to intrude, but Talia practically pulled West to their table the week after my birthday, and Lance and I just followed suit.

Lance, thrilled to spend time with Malia and I with Jesse.

Things have been going great between the two of us since that day I went over to her house after the blowout with my dad.

We've been spending every day with each other, as after training I would go over to her house. The both of us just talking in the treehouse for hours or just doing homework in silence together.

Honestly, these past couple of weeks have been great, and I owe it to the girl beside me.

Jesse's face lights up with amusement, a small smile growing on her face due to Lance's enthusiasm. 

"You guys are coming right?" Lance asked looking around the table, though most of his attention was directed towards Malia.

"What you really wanna ask is if Malia is coming?" Talia said rolling her eyes, her head nestled on West's shoulder, his arm wrapped around her shoulder.

A snort slipped out of Jesse's mouth, though she tried to cover it as a cough making me smile.

"Nice try," I whispered to her, nudging her shoulder.

"Shut up, you didn't hear anything," She said playfully glaring at me.

"Hey, I think it's cute," I said amused, a tiny grin on my face as she nudged my shoulder.

"How dare you, Talia! I'll have you know that I want all my dearest friends there tonight," Lance exclaimed dramatically, directing my attention back to him.

"But, it would be even better if Malia is there," Lance said with a cheeky grin, sending a wink in Malia's direction, who was currently hiding behind her book in embarrassment.

"I have to be there anyway, to take pictures for the yearbook," Malia stated making Lance's face light up like a kid in a candy store.

"Great!" Lance said smiling down at Malia, who gave him a quick smile in return before returning back to her book.

"Want all your friends there, my butt," Talia scoffed out

"Don't worry loverboy, we'll be there, but only because there's supposed to be an after-party," Talia said as West nodded in agreement, making me look at him in shock.

West never goes to parties, no matter how much Lance and I begged him to.

He would usually show up to the games and then go home straight after.