T W E N T Y - F I V E

Start from the beginning

Always coming up with excuses not to hang out or trying to dodge him during class. For the last week, I haven't even ridden with him catching rides with Talia to avoid the inner conflict I was having.

The night after the Golden Gloves finals I felt a harsh reality hit me like a bulldozer.

Myles will be training with one of the best boxing coaches in the world and I couldn't be anymore happier for him, he deserves this and I'm glad to see him living out his dreams.

But, then it came to my knowledge that with graduation less than two months away, and the senior trip being another looming reminder that our high school careers are about to end and that Myles will be here and I'll be across the country.

These past four months have been incredible with Myles in my life again but now I'm scared that the larger distance between us will only separate us once again.

And with my more than friendly feelings growing for him more and more each day, I can't help the dread that fills my stomach at the thought of losing him again.

I've been avoiding Myles, knowing that if I'm around him I'll end up spilling out these concerns, he's always been able to read me like an open book. 

I didn't want to talk about it, considering he's just got an amazing opportunity and I don't want my fears to cause any conflicts between us, but I know at some point the conservation must be had.

I knew my selfishness was hurting Myles but I just couldn't bear to have this conversation now or ever, as a matter of fact, afraid of what might be a result of it.

Ring

As soon as I heard the bell I dashed out of my seat, making sure to throw my food away on my way out.

The rest of the day went by gruesomely slow, my leg bouncing with anticipation to be freed from my classes. 

Once the final bell rang, I didn't even bother to stop by my locker, immediately zooming out the front doors to Talia's car, where I'd wait for her.

"You know you have to talk to him right," Talia said on the drive home breaking the silence that's loomed over us.

Malia's head perked up from her book her eyes drifting over to me, the both of them awaiting my answer.

"I know," Was all I said before I continued to gaze out the window.

Once my house came to view, I mumble a quick thanks and goodbye to Malia and Talia before getting out of the car.

I spotted both my parent's cars in the driveway, not the least bit surprised that my father was here considering the fact he's been coming by every day.

I didn't even bother to enter through the front door, seeking solitude I made my way to the back gate.

I maneuvered my way through the overgrown bushes of my backyard until I stumbled upon the giant oak try that hosted my home away from home.

Dropping my backpack at the foot of the tree, I climbed up the steps.

Once I was in, I sprawled my body out on the floor.

What felt like hours but was just five minutes I laid there on my back with my eyes closed. 

Thinking of everything and nothing at the same time.

My silence was soon interrupted by the sound of feet making their way up.

"I wanna be left alone, mom," I said my eyes still shut.

The creak of the floorboard causing my eyes to shoot open, the feeling of annoyance bubbling within me.

As I lifted myself up and turned around I was shocked to find Myles before me.