Alchoholic Friends - Angst asf - Dream SMP

(Before writing: I told myself I wouldn't start something I wouldn't finish. But I did it anyway.
After writing: Holy fuck I actually finished it in less than 3 hours)

It's 2 am so any spelling/grammar mistakes please ignore.

Spoilers for semi-recent prison lore

TW / / underaged drinking, general mention of drunk, implied death,
If there's any I missed, tell me

So! In which Sam didn't kidnap Michael, and Tubbo got him back from Eret soon after.
But there's something wrong.

It felt like since Dream escaped and Ranboo died, nothing has been right on the server since. Wilbur hasn't been pestering him the same way, Quackity was close to closing Las Nevadas down, according to Fundy.. The Antarctic was mourning, Tubbo hadn't spoken to him in days. It was like the world was constantly dreary and rainy, which was making everyone sad.

Maybe a sunny day would bring a bit of happiness to the server. "I'm taking back the number of the beast, cause 17 is not a pretty number!" He sang as he walked down the prime path. "18, or 15 are probably better."

He paused on the path, looking at his house. His vision blurred as he remembered building it. How happy he was before, back then it was all about pranks and trying to get the discs from Dream. It was never about manipulation or anything, just a stupid war over two stupid discs.

His breath hitched as someone hugged him. He blinked to remove the cloudiness from his eyes and looked down. "I'm sorry.." Tubbo whispered. The boy was crying, why was he crying? What happened? "Tubbo? What's wrong?" He asked. Tommy looked at at Tubbo's bag, what seemed like a shattered bottle, perhaps he'd crashed into something on the way? But why would he have a bottle in the first place? Well it didn't have any blood or anything on it so- wait, was-

"Tubbo.. are you... please don't say-"

"Can you take care of Michael for a while..?"

So.. it's true.

The goat boy was drunk.

Can't you see history repeating itself?! Techno's words echoed in his mind. "Of course." Tommy tried to smile, but it felt cringe and he stopped. Tubbo looked up at him. "Thank you.." a woozy and sad smile spread across the boy's face. "You should get home Tubbo. And lay off the drinks." Tommy let go of Tubno. "Well, try to, at least." He nodded. "I'll try."

Tommy ended up helping Tubbo home, and brought Michael back with him when he left, the boy had already packed his most beloved things, and his chicken was sitting on his head.

"Is papa okay? He smells like bad stuff." Tommy sighed. He didn't want to lie to the child. "I'm afraid Papa isn't okay. He's going through something rough and is trying to find a way to cope." Michael nodded silently. He understood what that rough something was, he noticed that dad was never home.

Don't you see history repeating itself?! Tommy knew Tubbo wasn't actually found in a box outside the sleepy house one night. He was an insomniac kid with good ears,

"Are you sure you want me to have him?" "I can't take care of him anymore. If I get better, I'll come back.. until then, he's yours." "Try to live a good life, friend." "Thank you.." The hushed voices of his father and Tubbo's dad had whispered. But apparently only he was awake that late that night, so none of the other sleepy bois knew. And Schlatt's voice didn't change much over 14 years, so he could recognize the voice of the guy who'd given up Tubbo to Philza

Then Michael tugged on his arm. "Uncle Tommy?" Tommy looked down "You zoned out!" Tommy blinked a couple times as he processed things. "Oh, sorry kid." He murmured. He opened the door to the house. "Shroud, Michael's gonna be living with us for a while." The spider looked down from the roof and squeaked happily. "Mici!" He squeaked. Jumping down and running up to the piglin. "Hi shroud!" Michael smiled.

"Last night, I heard glass shattering against something, it was terrifying!" Michael whispered to Shroud as they sat outside in the sun.

"Big Q..?" He called, his kids trailed behind him. Michael chatted about how cool the place looked with Shroud, and Tommy hoped at least the duck was out. The sun had been behind clouds for weeks. And everyone else he could've thought of was locked inside. Even Philza. It was as if Mother Nature knew how everyone was feeling. I hope you're being good to him, mom. "Tommy?" Quackity said, walking out of the casino. "Oh thank god. I was beginning to think everyone disappeared."

The duck hybrid looked at the kids behind him, then around, looking for someth- one. "Wheres Tubbo? He doesn't normally let you go around random places with Michael." Tommy took a deep breath. "Well.. I'm afraid he's taken Ranboo's death.. quite badly." He looked at Q's hand. "You knew Schlatt before his son went missing, right? What was he like?"

"A mess, he almost never took care of himself, and put his all into making sure Toby was okay, always too drunk for his own good." Then big Q's eyes widened in realization, and terror. "You don't mean?" "I'm afraid history has repeated in Tubbo." The blonde sighed. "He gave me Michael, not like how Toby went missing." He refused to tell anyone that Tubbo was Toby. Well, not until Tubbo tells him it's okay

"Shroud! Look! It's a giant fountain! Do you think you could swim in it?" "I'll try it! Come on Mici!" The two boys dropped their backpacks beside the fountain. "I want the sun to come out. It's been so sad lately." Michal sighed, sitting on the edge of the fountain. "Even papa has been really sad! I saw him drinking this awful-smelling juice a lot before Uncle Tommy took me." The piglin splashed his hand in the water. "I miss Papa. I haven't seen him since three weeks after dad's disappearing."

"Hopefully Uncle Bee gets better someday! And we can go search for Uncle Boo too!" Shroud suggested. "But Tommy wouldn't let us go out."

"Doesn't matter if he lets us or not! We'll be the heroes and we'll save Uncle Boo!" Michael laughed, and nodded. "Okay! We'll be heroes!" The two smiled.

//If I had a nickel for every time, a drunk brunette goat bitch gave his child to a blonde blue eyed winged bitch, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's sad it's happened twice.\\