Omake: Character Decks

Chabashira-sensei: Welcome to my extra lesson on the analysis of other character's Vanguard decks. I'll be presenting the decks used in this volume, and give my commentary on them. Deck statistics are also included, graded from E- to A+. An explanation for each category is provided below.

Consistency: Refers to drawing, searching, deck thinning, etc. Anything to increase getting into your win condition more often.
Power: Refers to power, critical, number of attacks, etc. Anything to attack the opponent with an increased edge in battle.
Recovery: Refers to resource management, recycling cards, levelling the playing field after falling behind, etc. Anything to close the gap between you and your opponent if you are losing.
Protection: Refers to shield, retiring, binding, etc. Anything to protect yourself from your opponent through various means of disruption.
Versatility: Refers to the various lines of play the deck can make, what different strategies it can utilise, how it deals in niche situations, etc. Anything that the deck can do in any number of given situations, and how well it can adapt to it.

The codes next to the deck name refer to the set they come from. V-CD stands for V Character Deck. V-LD stands for V Legend Deck. V-BD stands for V Booster Set (i.e built from the set).

Chabashira-sensei: With the introduction of the Ride Deck, cards included will be marked with a §.

V-BD12: The Moonshine MAFIA "Zyriot Feirbuster"
Imaginary Gift: Protect I
Machine Duplication: Choose a grade 1 or less unit in your soul, and call it to (RC) as [Rest].

Grade 0
1x Machining Worker Ant (Starter) §
4x Scissor-shot Mutant, Bombscissor (Critical/Sentinel)
4x Jewel Flasher (Critical)
4x Shelter Beetle (Critical)
4x Medical Battler, Ranpli (Heal)

Grade 1
4x Mutant Gentleman, High Class Moth §
4x Machining Cybister
4x Machining Hornet

Chabashira-sensei: Despite putting Moth into the deck due to his ability to act as a grade 3 in soul, Zyriot-san has seemed to have failed to recognise that Ornamental's cost specifies a "Machining" in specific. While Moth is a good card, it would be wise to remove him for another "Machining" unit to add further consistency.

Grade 2
4x Machining Scatter Horn §

Grade 3
4x Machining Spark Hercules (Avatar) §
4x Machining Ornamental
4x Machining Meteorbullet
3x Machining Stag Beetle
2x Machining Black Saturn

Consistency: C-
Power: B+
Recovery: D+
Protection: B-
Versatility: D+
(41)

Chabashira-sensei: The main aim of this deck is to perform the Hercules-Ornamental combo to overwhelm your opponent with three massive attacks while they have a de-buffed vanguard. One of the cornerstones of this deck is Scatter Horn, as it can tutor a grade 3 from hand into soul, meaning it is possible to pull off the combo on turn 3 now.

V-BD13: Red Hot Apocalypse "Mitsuba Jun"
Imaginary Gift: Force II
Blazing Forge: Get one Imaginary Gift: Force I and remove it at the end of your turn.

Grade 0
1x Lizard Runner, Conroe (Starter) §
4x Dragon Knight, Jannat (Critical/Sentinel)
4x Embodiment of Spear, Tahr (Critical)
4x Demonic Dragon Mage, Rakshasa (Critical)
4x Angry Horn Dragon (Critical)

Chabashira-sensei: Since Mitsuba-san is looking to close out the game on turn 3, he uses sixteen criticals to increase his chance of drive checking multiple of them both in the early game and with his three DOTX attacks.

Grade 1
4x Heatshot Dragon §
4x Calamity Tower Wyvern
4x Flame of Searing Heat, Gibil
4x Purple Gem Carbuncle

Chabashira-sensei: Combining Calamity Tower's +15k and Gibil's +5k are very effective ways of making DOTX a huge vanguard.